just a little how much

izzyxxx

Visit site
ok so saffy is coming on really well and i was wondering how much she would be worth at the min, and i know its hard to speculate(sp) because you never know how they will turn out but estimates for how much she may be worth 1) when she is broken and ready to be turned away 2) when she is broken turned away and brought back into work?

ok so she is a rising 4yr old 12hh shetland x welsh her mum was a regestered shetland, shes microchiped and will be vaccinated soon. She has been longreined and picked it up really quickly with no problems she has been sat on and will walk on and off the lead, can be lead from another horse, she is ok with cars and has been walked out on roads however she is not 100% with lorries or busses but its coming she doesn't do anything naughty just tenses up and trots, shes a good doer and will live in or out with or without company shes good to groom and tack up.

I can't think of anything else so ill just post some pics sorry about the quality
shinnysaffy.jpgcropped.jpg

safandizgroomin.jpgcropped.jpg

saffysky.jpgedit.jpg

prettysaffy.jpg

Tia

Visit site
As a future childs pony I doubt that turning away is what you want to do, so I wouldn't place any extra value on turning away - in fact it would seriously put me off as a buyer! I'd keep her in work if I was you.

As a 3 year old right now, I'd say almost unsaleable - not many people will want a pony this young for their child.

As a 4 year old next year, I'd hazard a guess that you would likely get £400-£500. The youngest best age to sell a little childs pony is 6 years old really and then you might get £900 or thereabouts.

Biscuit

Visit site
I think Tia is making some good points there. At the moment she'd be a companion type or a project for someone who likes bringing on small ponies, but when/if she is a safe riding pony for a small child you will have a much bigger market for her.

browbrow

Visit site
Yes I think sweet itch would make a big difference to a childs pony as they need to be fairly low maintenance - as mum might have a few of her own to do?

I think Tia is right - turning her away isnt ideal and 6 is the youngest age for a kiddies pont like that ideally

If you broke her to drive it may as value - would she make a nice scurry pony?

With sweet itch - take a hundred off IMO - doesnt really change the price off bigger comp horses but little ponies it does IMO

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

izzyxxx

Visit site
she wasn't vaccinated when we brought her so when the vet comes out to do our other one we are getting her done aswell

thanks for advice everyone it was just cause someone was interested in her the other day while i was longreining her down the lane and asked what i would ask for her and i haven't got a clue
grin.gif

she is still being broken in atm cause i am going at her speed so will be a while before she is turned away

Tia

Visit site
I'm never really too sure whether sweetitch lowers the price to be honest. Some people will accept ponies with it, whilst others wouldn't consider it....at any price.

Someone else makes a good point about breaking her to drive though - she would be saleable at a younger age then.

She's lovely by the way - beautiful colour.
smile.gif

izzyxxx

Visit site
i think she would make a good little driving pony but i have no experience of driving but something to look into she is so sweet and affectionate if she was bigger i would have kept her!!!!!!:eek:
grin.gif
lol (one of the reasons for buying a small pony was so that i didn't get the urge(sp) to keep her lol)

i think she is a liver chestnut but she seems to be getting darker