Just applied for a doggy

Equi

Visit site
So i generally never apply to rescues cause frankly i don't think any will consider us. Might just be fear of rejection. Anyway, saw a little doggo that i simply can't stop thinking about, so i contacted a friend who has wide dog connections and despite the dog not being "available" yet they spoke to someone at the rescue who encouraged me to apply so i have done. I doubt i will actually hear anything back but this little dog really is pulling me in and i don't often get like that about any i see. Im a great believer in fate and what will be will be, but it cant help to cross your fingers and paws!

A few weeks ago i had a beautiful dream where i was hugging my beloved staffy. ive not had a staffy hug in so long it made me ache for one. This beauty is not a staffy but similar type of body/breed so i ache for that special hug of a solid brick wall, or not, if the dog prefers!

Kaylum

Visit site
When I got my cairn x scottie I applied for her but she had been reserved. So we saw a different dog who wasnt suitable. They still showed us the terrier and the people who reserved her gave backword so we were chosen for her.

Here is hoping you get sorted x

Bradsmum

Visit site
i did exactly what you are doing. We passed the home check with a local rescue but didn't get the dog we were interested in. The rescue offered is an alternative which we accepted but quickly found was not suitable so we returned her (with a very heavy heart). We were just not the right home for her. Then out of the blue, another local rescue contacted me and offered me a dog who was still with its owner who is local to us. Long story short, we now have a gorgeous dog who loves it here and has fitted in so well. I will do an introduction post just as soon as I can get a photo to load from my iPad. So as you say, what will be will be and there will be that one out there somewhere. Good luck.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Keep us informed! I got mine from a fabulous rescue with none of this 'interrogation under the spotlights' nonsense and a fab FB (supporters of this rescue) page we all update the other owners on. Rehomed to me over Xmas 10 years ago.So sad you felt rejectable and it has held you back until now. Good luck!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Ah best of luck.
If it makes you feel any better we were never accepted for rehoming from the Blue cross for dogs. Main reason was we had a young child.
Fingers firmly crossed for you

TwyfordM

Visit site
Fingers crossed ??
I saw a photo of my girl, with a pic on the wall of our previous dog behind her. Hadn’t been considering another dog but decided to pop down and meet her. Loved her but got told that she already had someone interested and that they were expecting a call to confirm the next day.
Waited by the phone and got the call to say come pick her up - they people interested had changed their minds!
Already passed a home check for them previously (we are a flat, with a shared garden and at the time we originally adopted no small children in the house) so text book NO from most rescue places.
So I’m a firm believer of if it’s meant to be, it’ll happen ?