Just back from Brightwells Leominster sales

FairyLights

Visit site
A very good auction place, good pens, rings etc. not many horses offered but most were really lovely and lots were rideable nice jump decent conformation., lots of 5 yr olds etc so in their prime. But, prices very low indeed several not sold eg a very nice sec C yearling with long pedigree, eye catching had only 1 bid of £20. Another super childs first pony a 5 yr old palomino ,very attractive and being ridden by tiny jockey, nice and quiet, £220.
Lots of cheap tack too.
Sadly no one seems to want them
:(

thatsmygirl

Visit site
My local sales is Exeter and we do get a fair amount of poorly put together horses go though but with the odd decent looking animal. Prices are poor and foals stuggle to make £50.

I actually opened this thread to see what beast you had brought but take it u didnt.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Crikey those are low prices! :( I don't think youngstock is selling so well these days. People seem to want more of the finished article for their money. What a shame though, think I would have been tempted by the Section C.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I couldn't take any of mine to the sales either, don't know why as they could get a good/bad home if u sell private or put through the ring but I like to pick the new owners, think that's what it must be and say no if I'm not happy which I have done before

redstar

Visit site
Going by the sales report from York sales yesterday it wasn't any better there. There was a mid teens Connemara that has been there, seen it, done it and got the t shirt and he went for less than 300gns i think. I wish id gone, he would have been ideal for me and York is only an hour and a bit down the road from me.

Amy567

Visit site
And this is why we're getting all of these people thinking they can afford a horse (because they're cheaper to buy than most cats now!) but don't understand that a horse isn't the same as a cat to keep. It's very sad really. Ideal if you're experienced and looking for a project for yourself, but it's where all these dealers go to maximise profits

Coblover63

Visit site
I like having an occasional wander around the Friday Leominster sales - I've bought some tack from there in the past and seen some lovely looking horses go for really sensible prices. I always want to bring at least one home so I have to sit on my hands as I already have 4 and no more room!!!

You do get a cracking bacon roll there too ;)