Just discovered my big mare is famous....

Mongoose11

Visit site
I have been sat researching feed today as now that we are doing much more work I figured I need to look into what she needs more specifically...

Anyway, went on the Dengie website and clicked on the case study of a good doer and there was my own horse staring at me!

I found out from it that she used to be kept on her own in an 8 acre field... poor lamb. This explains why she is so bloody aloof with the herd she is in. The other four will be playing and grazing together and she is always 350 yards away!

I must say that she looks grim hogged and what did they do to her tail. She is quite trim in comparison. It is really weird to have seen this!

Pic in my sig is her. Here is the link, her name is also Lady Olivia not Lady Olivier....

http://www.dengie.com/pages/product...fi-good-do-er/case-study-hi-fi-good-do-er.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Archangel

Visit site
I bet you did a double take :D - all alone in an 8 acre field, I guess she got used to her own company - she looks lovely but much better with a forelock :)

Mongoose11

Visit site
No. I bought her from a lady called Annabel, Karen must have been her first owner after her breeder as she has only had four owners including me. She has a home with me for life. I can't believe how different she looks here - big thug! Now she has full feathers and a flowing mane!!

Mongoose11

Visit site
Haven't got any recent ones on this laptop I'm afraid. Here is one from about September last year - her mane is twice as long now and you can't see her hooves at all. She has feathers that start half way up her leg!

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=4702&pictureid=16150

Never had much luck with posting pics on here so who knows if that will have worked!

You can see a fair bit of difference from the Dengie website!!!

RubysGold

Visit site
bet that was quite a shock! Lol
"aw that looks like my horse.......wait...... that IS my horse" :D

She is beautiful, much prefer your pic, with her mane :D Not a fan of hogged really

Mongoose11

Visit site
Thank you :eek: she really is bloody brilliant, feisty cow but has let me fulfill my dream of cantering in open spaces again - my confidence was smashed after an accident. Hope to head for our first show this summer!

I had recently posted a hog or not to hog thread on here - now I have found this Dengie pic I am glad I went with the majority and decided to keep her hairy!!

x

Eaglestone

Visit site
Haven't got any recent ones on this laptop I'm afraid. Here is one from about September last year - her mane is twice as long now and you can't see her hooves at all. She has feathers that start half way up her leg!

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=4702&pictureid=16150

Never had much luck with posting pics on here so who knows if that will have worked!

You can see a fair bit of difference from the Dengie website!!!

Thank you for the link :) .... she has some lovely markings and soooooo much better left natural, just as she should be :)