Just Found my Dream Horse..

PinkFairy

Visit site
beautiful horses, shame their spoiled by how they are ridden in spain. All tricks and no actual learnings that will be useful for our own uses. The second video i watched was the horse called eclipse i think, that video made me cringe!! the poor horse looked so tense and pulled in his mouth i couldn't watch the rest of the video however fancy his moves may be, its too bad its done purely for show. Spanish horses are beautiful but wasted doing tricks. so... BRING THEM ALL HERE
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
I likey a lot too!!

Must say Im in love with these dudes, If I were rich they'd be MINE!!: http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/horsedetails.aspx?horseid=18987
http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/horsedetails.aspx?horseid=18553

Or WOW:
http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/horsedetails.aspx?horseid=18557
http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/horsedetails.aspx?horseid=18558

But Im perfectly happy with my partbred!! Id love a pure bred, but I think crossed with a TB - they make brilliant sport horses. I dont know why they never seem to jump spanish horses - its all dressage dressage which I know of course thats what their bred for, but hell they can jump too! Look at the Whitakers Novilhero (sp) they used to ride!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Just been reading some more of the posts on here - first of all who can some of you NOT like spanish horses?! Are you crazy?! (but then I dont like warmbloods so I guess we're even.....!
smirk.gif
)

I dont think we should slag of the Spanish way of riding just from watching ONE yards videos. Many Spanish riders are absolutely amazing. Pretty much all of them are into their classical training - when I got my part bred he'd been backed in the classical way, so he would do things just from a change of balance in the saddle (which was hell for me when I didnt know any classical!). I found this pretty impressive for a real youngster.

Just because they have a different way of doing things from the 'norm' here, doesnt make their way worse. Our British way of training is not always the best way, thats for sure!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Sorry MM I have to disagree, I have know many spanish horses whose training has been started in Spain, I have also seen a lot of spanish stud riders and believe me this guy is typical, although there are always exceptions. Classical riding as we know it is NOT common in Spain - I hate that term anyway, just what the hell is Classical Riding, there is no mystique, if you ride correctly from seat, hand and leg then THAT is classical.

PinkFairy

Visit site
i didnt mean the spanish way of riding was awful, it just doesnt look like it does much for the horse, the pressure on their mouths must be heavy judging by the look of their hands, and all through the videos they're doing "tricks" it DOES look skilled, and it is, i mean i couldn't even attempt to do what they are but it looks harsh on the horse. lovely horses though!

lordflynn

Visit site
Look at the Whitakers Novilhero (sp) they used to ride!

[/ QUOTE ]

Novilhero was a Lusitano-a small, but important distinction to some of us
tongue.gif

not especially keen on the horse that the OP posted-well, he was nice enough but have seen them ridden better. each to their own-would rather have a luso/arab/andy than a warmblood any day of the week.

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
Have to say, after seeing the video really not sure now.

Just loved the pics
laugh.gif
hehe!

I just love Spanish horses, I think they have something about them
laugh.gif

I was only looking, would never buy one from Spain, mainly for the reason I cant speak Spanish and it would probably all go t*ts up!!
grin.gif
Would DEFINETLY look into buying one in this country tho.

Thanks guys, very interesting ideas on the Spanish training of horses
laugh.gif
x