Just got shouted at :(

emma21

Visit site
I was walking my two offlead and I saw an offlead schnauzer coming towered us; I left mine offlead and they went up to say hi. Man walked straight past and told me to put my dogs on leads NOW. I asked why a's they were both friendly etc. Turns out his dog is in season so my two fully male dogs were quite interested...I had to call mine a few times to come and began to try and catch up to get them and they came back to me. I put them on leads and he had a massive go at me :( neither o mine attempted to hump etc upset me as makes me feel like they are badly behaved. I know they should have come back first time but they did both come back....

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I get really cross when people let their off lead dogs come up to mine when they are on lead, however in this case the man is clearly an idiot. Why on earth have his in season bitch off lead!:mad: Sounds as if your two were very well behaved if they came away from the bitch, he is very lucky his bitch wasn't mated and tied before he could do anything about it.:rolleyes:

frankie7

Visit site
i have been shouted at for that before as well, lady was walking her 3 labs (off lead) and shouted at me to get mine on lead as they were in season (maybe all of them for all i know), i did point out that mine a both fixed and one is actually a girl but that did not seem to matter (the boy is a JRT so he would have to jump quite a bit anyway!!)

my girl was fixed before her first season but would have never walked her off lead when she was, would have lead walked her away from other dogs where possible

Dobiegirl

Visit site
What an arrogant,obnoxious bloke expecting you to keep your dogs away from his. I understand if you have an in season bitch it must be really difficult to keep other dogs away but common sense would dictate you keep them on the lead and try to walk in less populated areas of dog walkers. I would have given him a piece of my mind and although Im only little people wouldnt want to argue with me with my 2 dogs in tow.:D

Spudlet

Visit site
He's got a cheek shouting at you IMO, and if he'd done it to me I would have bent his ear for him!

We met a guy with two little terriers the other day, both off lead, so I kept Henry off lead so he could say hello. The guy didn't say anything, but I noticed Henry was following one of them closely, called him away and he came but then turned around and went back. When I went back to fetch him, the guy announced that the bitch was in season. This was on a Saturday morning, around 10am, at a spot where loads of people walk dogs - I ask you, why would you take an in-season bitch there at one of the most popular times of the day at the weekend and have her off the lead, and then not say anything?! I have heard of some bitch owners doing this on purpose to get a freebie mating so they can sell the puppies, it does make you wonder!