Just had to share...

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
My Dad found this old photograph today and I remember it as if it was yesterday...

285259_10150708964805431_613165430_19439263_4582032_n.jpg

(I'm the stick insect in baggy peach leggings :eek: :D)

It was at Lowesby Horse Trials in 1994 and Mary King was (and still is!) my absolute idol, she was so cheerful and took the time to speak to me and have a picture taken whilst probably rather busy! I think it was probably the day I decided I wanted to go Eventing, although it's taken until now to actually be able to do it! :D

Trish C

Visit site
Brilliant, those moments are worth so much!

I have (somewhere) a photo of me and my friend with Blyth Tait & Ready Teddy at Chatsworth years ago. The same day a short-handed Karen Dixon asked us to hold her horses whilst she washed them down... we were so thrilled it made our year! :)

kirstyhen

Brilliant, those moments are worth so much!

I have (somewhere) a photo of me and my friend with Blyth Tait & Ready Teddy at Chatsworth years ago. The same day a short-handed Karen Dixon asked us to hold her horses whilst she washed them down... we were so thrilled it made our year! :)

I remeber asking her all about King William because I adored him and I was so disappointed she didn't have him there!

A couple of years ago, I groomed for TableDancer and Chatter1 up at Burgie and they were stabled near Ian Stark. I turned into my 9 year old self when he said Hello to me :eek: :D

Silent Knight

Visit site
What a lovely memory :)

I saw Ellen Whittika deliberetly trot past some children who had been waiting for her autograph at HOYS. Lost all respect for her since :(

kirstyhen

What a lovely memory :)

I saw Ellen Whittika deliberetly trot past some children who had been waiting for her autograph at HOYS. Lost all respect for her since :(

I'm no Mary King, nor am I doing anything at any great level, but I occasionally get some of the Riding School kids come to watch me compete, and I try my hardest to always have time to speak to them, because I remember how much it made my day when MK did it for me :D

BlizzardBudd

Visit site
awww thats a really nice pic :D its people like Mary that make the sprt what it is and when they do things like that it can make someones year and inspire them :)

i remember when at a (cant remember which) show and Geoff Billingoton was competing and i was stood at the side and got talking to someone... it turned out to be Geoff Billintons groom and he came over and i was talking to him, he was asking me about my riding. i always rember how he was more interested in talking about me than about him!

kirstyhen

What a great photo! It was Mary riding at badminton that made me realise that eventing actually existed! She's my idol too :)

I think that was my first encounter with Eventing, I remeber I took my stuffed horse with me and cantered around between fences :eek:

awww thats a really nice pic :D its people like Mary that make the sprt what it is and when they do things like that it can make someones year and inspire them :)

i remember when at a (cant remember which) show and Geoff Billingoton was competing and i was stood at the side and got talking to someone... it turned out to be Geoff Billintons groom and he came over and i was talking to him, he was asking me about my riding. i always rember how he was more interested in talking about me than about him!

I think most horse sports people have taken a while to realise they can make such a huge impact on kid's aspirations, but some of them have been doing it for years!

What a fantastic picture and fab memory to have! :D

I met William Fox-Pitt that year too, not sure he was quite as keen on a small annoying person as Mary was :eek: :D

Great pic and lovely that it is inspirational! :)

One day I will have the photo the other way round, I just have to find a clinic with Mary first :D