Just heard from BBs

Weezy

Visit site
As you know, her grandfather wouldnt lend her the money she needed for Noppy
frown.gif

HOWEVER

With a bit of wangling from her mother to her grandfather and her father

SHE IS PICKING HIM UP ON SUNDAY WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is obv estatic and wanted me to let you all know
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
She knows the dealer very well - if she vets it will be once he is home and if there is anything untoward then he can go back

He luckily isnt one of these overproduced youngsters - only been under saddle and competed since the dealer bought him so thats good!

Weezy

Visit site
Only if she wants to insure for over 5k otherwise no cert needed (well that seems standard)

She will do what she feels fit - personally I dont vet bt I am pretty sure her mother will insist on it LOL!

KatB

Visit site
Fair enough, I got quotes from 5 companies, and 4 of them wanted vettings even though I was insuring for half his purchase price
confused.gif
Good to know its not a wide spread thing! Have to admit, didnt try SEIB, and KBIS were the otehrs who didnt ask.
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Possibly a movement of the time - I havent had a new policy for a year or so so maybe policy has changed? Last time I got quotes (Pet Plan, NFU, SEIB) they were all teh same - under 5k NO vets - however they are not insured for eventing etc so that may be where there is a difference?

KatB

Visit site
Yes I think time prob has something to do with it! I was naughty and didnt get g insured straight away, so was prob bout 6-7mnths ago. Eventing prob has something to do with it....
smirk.gif

Bess

Visit site
The last time I bought a horse, about 18 months ago, the limit for buying without having a 5 stage vetting was 5K. I bought my horse without vetting, however I knew them, knew the competition history of the horse, my vet phoned their vet and checked his vet history, etc. its not perfect but its been fine for me. And although the horse was sold and bought for over 5k, he is insured for that amount.