just lost a horse

Capriole

Visit site
lost a horse last week, she wasnt mine but i looked after her as if she was.
came in from the field hopping lame and it turned out her leg was shattered.
im devastated for the horse, who was one of the nicest you'd ever meet, and for her owner, who adored her, and for myself because i loved that horse too.

sorry if im whining on to you all, but ive never had anything bad happen to me or my horses in 20 odd years, not so much as a case of colic and this has really affected me badly.

Capriole

Visit site
i cant phone the owner yet as i dont know what i can say to her, also i dont know if she will want to talk to me.
but what do you think about me sending an enlarged photograph of the horse, when would be a good time to do something like that so its not too soon and alternatively not too late so it looks like i dont care?
does that make sense?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i cant phone the owner yet as i dont know what i can say to her, also i dont know if she will want to talk to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would - it will mean so much to her. Your just saying how sorry you are will be a great comfort to her.

Pick up the phone.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I think the idea of a photo is a wonderful idea, why not send it to her as an easter present? It's in five weeks, long enough but not too long away, if that makes sense.

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
we lost one on friday,we sent the owner flowers,chocs,wine and a card,she hasnt been down to sort his stuff out yet but have been told shes not to bad,will be sad for her when she comes down though.

i know how you feel,bigs hugs to you and the owner xx

Capriole

Visit site
thanks, i'll send her the pic soomer rather than later then.

i packed up everything yesterday, wardrobe and equipment etc., but i dont expect that the owner will want to collect it anytime soon.

Hullabaloo

Visit site
Its awful for all of you, but do give the owner a call. You are probably the one person who understands how she is feeling (and vice versa). It doesn't matter if you don't know what to say - just being there for her is enough.
The photo is a lovely idea.
Take care

EDS

New User
Visit site
So very sorry to hear about your loss, it must have been devasting for you to deal with at the time.
I agree - get in touch with the owner - doesn't matter if you don't know what to say. I lost my dear horse 2 years ago and found it hard (and isolating) when some people preferred to avoid the subject as it is comforting to be able to talk about it and have a weep about it with a friend.
I hope you are able to get some comfort from the lovely messages here, and that that might help in your decision to contact the owner...
Big hug.