Just one milestone left

deb_l222

Visit site
Awwwww Miss Beaky, aka Button, aka Miss Mellie and lots of other names besides has just her birthday milestone left to go now at the end of August.

When she turned 15 last year, I kept making up little milestones for her to reach next. So the first one was Christmas, the next was March 2020 then June 2020. I figured if she got to July, then the next obvious milestone would be her 16th birthday!! I sooooo want to book to take her to the seaside now the caravan parks are re-opening but Willow's foot is still manky so we've got to wait for that to mend first.

Of course anything could happen between now and August but she's doing ever so well apart from getting ever so skinny. She's been an absolute bloody nuisance today and barked nearly all the way through an IT networks support meeting :)

If anyone wants to join in with the golden oldie piccies, feel free............

0mdOQg1.jpg

Follysmum

Visit site
My black lab is 13 and unfortunately seems to be displaying signs of dementia. Our wish is for him to be here still for the autumn

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Just beautiful @FinnishLapphund, what a credit to your loving care they are! I honestly wouldn’t have put any of them as being anywhere near their ages ❤️

Thank you, I do my best, but there is probably a big dose of luck involved, too.
Everyone who asks how old they are, seems surprised at the answer, even the veterinarians who I've been taking them to their whole lives, forgets how old they are, and say "They don't look their age".

That said, Jonna did have a mini stroke, TIA, over a month ago, and I've recently had to change to feeding her 4 times per day with a food more gentle for the liver to handle, so who knows how long I'll get to keep her. I'm greedy, and hopes for another year, but tries to be happy for every day I get.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
This is Suzie, she's 14 and really showing her age nowadays. Seems to have a little dementia, she doesn't see or hear as well as she used to and her back end is stiff. She sleeps most of the time and goes on short walks but gets very animated when there's roast chicken around. There are times when she acts like a young dog, bouncing around and playing but the good days are getting further and further apart. I find it very sad and don't know how we will cope when the time comes for her. For the moment all we can do is enjoy every day that we have together still.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

angrybird1

Visit site
I lost my much loved girl last week. It's very very hard. I know it was the right thing for her but it's so sad and empty.
we had a lot of milestones. Her last Christmas, her last birthday but it was time to let her go. She did really well for her breed but when the time comes it doesn't make it ant easier.
Make the most of them while you have them.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I lost my much loved girl last week. It's very very hard. I know it was the right thing for her but it's so sad and empty.
we had a lot of milestones. Her last Christmas, her last birthday but it was time to let her go. She did really well for her breed but when the time comes it doesn't make it ant easier.
Make the most of them while you have them.
So sorry, they leave such a hole behind.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
My cat 17 yrs old. Found half dead at approx 3 weeks old

Oh, my Cilla is a "member in that club", too. Found at around 4 weeks old, truly only skin and bones, and with a temperature below how low the veterinarian's thermometers could show, even though she had been lying next to a hot water bottle for about 1 hour by the time we got her to the vetrinarian clinic. They weren't sure she would survive the weekend, but she did.

Your cat is beautiful. I especially like the black around the eyes, it creates a very impressive look.

Follysmum

Visit site
Oh, my Cilla is a "member in that club", too. Found at around 4 weeks old, truly only skin and bones, and with a temperature below how low the veterinarian's thermometers could show, even though she had been lying next to a hot water bottle for about 1 hour by the time we got her to the vetrinarian clinic. They weren't sure she would survive the weekend, but she did.

Your cat is beautiful. I especially like the black around the eyes, it creates a very impressive look.

Ah thankyou she’s rather special. I was working at the local vets, she was handed in with a small litter that then all died . Vet said she probably wouldn’t last the night , I asked the vet if I could at least try and save her I bottle fed her and slept with her for weeks until she was strong enough.
I was amazed and am still amazed she’s still with us.