Just saw this sad ad :(

fireflymac

Visit site
I have no experience of blind horses, but I can undersand how a horse who gradually loses its sight in familiar surrounings with familiar companions could adjust and lead a reasonably contented life. That said, what would happen in the event of the unexpected spook to its pals. They gallop off or go tearing round the paddock, blind horse.....??
To re-home a blind horse with unfamiliar people, unfamiliar surroundings and new companions, now that's a different kettle of fish entirely. I can't believe that that is the right thing to do at all.

natalia

Visit site
People on this forum need to stop bunny hugging and get a f**** grip. I only come on here as people seem more sensible than a lot of other forums and now it seems like the majority of posters like keeping suffering animals going in a the same miserable circle. The whole lot of you can go play with your carrot sticks and blind horses (but try not to poke them too hard as they won't see you coming).

Changes

Visit site
People on this forum need to stop bunny hugging and get a f**** grip. I only come on here as people seem more sensible than a lot of other forums and now it seems like the majority of posters like keeping suffering animals going in a the same miserable circle. The whole lot of you can go play with your carrot sticks and blind horses (but try not to poke them too hard as they won't see you coming).

I know it's wrong, but that did make me LOL! :D

JaneyP

Visit site
Going back to the ad - i hope this poor mare and her baby dont fall into some numbnuts hands because of the low price.

billy2

Visit site
I once owned a mare which did in fact go blind over a period of time, and we had no idea until her annual health check. She showed no apprehension, even when stabled at night (her companion was next door). She was only put down when the YO took on a new livery and I couldn't guarantee it wouldn't bully her.

leanne1988

Visit site
Poor thing.

Although... she says she is a rescue mare, so (as far as im aware of)...you are not allowed to sell them on as you never outrightly 'own' them, it is just an adoption/loan from the rescue centre!