Juvenille Hock arthritus

friesianfan69

Visit site
My boy was diagnosed two years ago almost at the age of 6yrs with juvenille arthritus in his hocks.
He has now had two cortisone injections and Tildren drip both times also.
Hes on a joint supplement and devils claw.
Did your horses hocks fuse? If so how long roughly did it take?
Did it help once fused?

SEL

Visit site
My mare was diagnosed at the same age after a very gently introduction to ridden life - the vet was surprised that she hadn't been out jumping and hunting.

She's just turned 10 and her latest x-rays show very little change but we've had gel injections into them and they have been a game changer. More expensive that steroids, but I'd recommend.

friesianfan69

Visit site
My mare was diagnosed at the same age after a very gently introduction to ridden life - the vet was surprised that she hadn't been out jumping and hunting.

She's just turned 10 and her latest x-rays show very little change but we've had gel injections into them and they have been a game changer. More expensive that steroids, but I'd recommend.
What is the gel called?

SEL

Visit site
What is the gel called?

https://conturavet.com/arthramid-vet/

This stuff. We can now do leg stretches without fear of death - before even picking out her feet had to be done with care because the wrong angle or a bit too high and she'd react strongly. No sign on x-ray of her hocks fusing so I'm pleased with how this has worked out. Now just need to fix the suspensory she's damaged by walking oddly with her sore hocks.

friesianfan69

Visit site
https://conturavet.com/arthramid-vet/

This stuff. We can now do leg stretches without fear of death - before even picking out her feet had to be done with care because the wrong angle or a bit too high and she'd react strongly. No sign on x-ray of her hocks fusing so I'm pleased with how this has worked out. Now just need to fix the suspensory she's damaged by walking oddly with her sore hocks.
Oh suspensorys to, poor you / her!
Was the arthritus in her hocks? my vet told me Arthrimid wouldnt work in hocks as no movement?