Kan Teq and Point Two

intheair

Visit site
Has anyone worn this combination? The Kan Teq is snug and firm and I just wondered how it would feel with a Point Two after impact

Charlotte125

Visit site
When i bought my point 2 from Treehouse they asked m which body protector i used. He then said that he doesnt recommend using them with Kan Teqs because they are quite 'solid' so dont support you properly after impact.
Charlotte x

intheair

Visit site
Hi thats interesting, I have had 2 falls in the Kan Teq and it was brilliant but 2 weeks had a fall almost from a standstill, the ground was hard and I have fractured my lower back...unlucky! Anyway I was thinking of investing in a point 2 to wear over the Kan Teq but perhaps thats not a good idea?

HannahHDEventing

Visit site
Hello, I'm gonna give the other side and say that I event with a kan-teq and point 2 and have done so over a year now. I have had a whopper of a fall in the combination, which I walked away from, unhurt. Whether it was the combination or I was just blooming lucky is something I will never know, but I do trust using the two together.

intheair, I hope you get better soon. xxx

charlimouse

Visit site
I wear both. I had a whopper of a horsefall in the CIC* at Hutton and walked away with just cuts and bruises. I am pretty certain if I had not been wearing this combination the outcome would probably have been different. I was speaking to the lovely Kan Teq lady on Tuesday and she says it is completly up to you weather you wear a point 2 aswell as the Kan, as the Kan is just a more technical primary BP, whereas a point 2 is more secondary protection.

So in answer to you question yes you can wear both!

kerilli

Visit site
the more I look into it, the more I think that a solid-type bp is probably the safest to wear with an airjacket.
there was a thread about the airjackets and someone raised the point that when they inflate suddenly and are hard and tight around you, it makes your muscles stiffen totally involuntarily. if this happens just as you are about to hit the ground, it turns you into a lawn dart instead of a relaxed, "tuck and rolling" rider.
a solid bp like the Kan, which will hold some of that inward pressure off the torso, sounds like the perfect solution to me.

kerilli

Visit site
I am sure I never used the phrase"lawn dart":D:D,but I like it so much I might have to steal it.:D

haha sorry, was i paraphrasing you, inaccurately?!
"lawn dart" isn't my phrase, but it is rather good... ;)

i do think this is a really important point though. Especially if the airjacket is fitted a bit too snugly, it can really take the rider's breath away for a split second, and if this is the split second before hitting the ground... i know this is pure speculation though.
friend of a friend had a fall at BE recently while wearing an airjacket, didn't tuck and roll. she's fractured a vertebra. she thinks the airjacket saved her, but my friend (who is very experienced, events herself, and was there) suspects it may have affected her trajectory...
:( :( :(
i don't think the fall's on video, unfortunately.

dougalhorse

Visit site
Hi folks - I'm a bit concerned by this information that was given (below) as the KAN meets all beta standards and has a purple label. Of course it supports you properly or it wouldn't meet the standards. Its there to protect you when you fall and I find I can move really well in mine and it gives me great confidence.

I have no plans to wear an airjacket thing as I can't find any evidence that they won't cause injury (see "lawn dart" comment - class!). Plus they aren't beta approved and there are no safety standards relating to horsey use that I can see.

Happy riding!

"When i bought my point 2 from Treehouse they asked m which body protector i used. He then said that he doesnt recommend using them with Kan Teqs because they are quite 'solid' so dont support you properly after impact"