KBIS horse insurance

nic85

Visit site
does anyone use the above and how do you rate them??

Thanks
grin.gif

posie_honey

Visit site
i have insurance with them after a few friends recommended them to me... touch lots of wood i've not had to claim... bet i've jsut jinxed myself!

PurplePickle

www.ipcmedia.com
seem ok so far, I am concerned about when my horse gets to 15 next year as the cover doesnt seem to be as comprehensive as other companies but will cross that bridge when we get to it

hadfos

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
seem ok so far, I am concerned about when my horse gets to 15 next year as the cover doesnt seem to be as comprehensive as other companies but will cross that bridge when we get to it

[/ QUOTE ]
Have spoken to them about this myself just recently,and they are extending cover to fully insure equines upto the age of 25
smile.gif

Cant fault them!

nic85

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies...they do seem very reasonable (have done a quote)

I did do an online quote with E&L but the monthly direct debit was under £5
crazy.gif
it seems too good to be true!! Other sites were ridiculously expensive and these were just right
smirk.gif

Thanks again!!
grin.gif

Mithras

Visit site
I took my horse off insurance with them because they excluded her entire wind and two of her legs despite her only being 10, me never having claimed and having passed the vet (vet made minor comment about being slightly stiff on one circle so they used that as an excuse for excluding that whole leg, ditto her wind and she had had a claim previously under another insurer for a leg injury which had healed).

Mithras

Visit site
Oh, I should say when I queried it they admitted the entire wind exclusion was a mistake but they refused to remove the other exclusions unless I got another full five stage vetting for the pleasure of giving them business. They also constantly spelt her name wrong, although I wrote to them twice to correct it.

Very expensive and just not worth it for me to have half a horse insured.

HollyB66

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the replies...they do seem very reasonable (have done a quote)

I did do an online quote with E&L but the monthly direct debit was under £5
crazy.gif
it seems too good to be true!! Other sites were ridiculously expensive and these were just right
smirk.gif

Thanks again!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you've read everyone's replies to me regarding E&L. See thread just above this one if not.

PurplePickle

www.ipcmedia.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Have spoken to them about this myself just recently,and they are extending cover to fully insure equines upto the age of 25
smile.gif

Cant fault them!

[/ QUOTE ]

oo fab, one less worry

nessiehhorse

Visit site
Fortunately only had to claim once in 4 years and they were great. Also have lorry covered and no problems but have used breakdown service and great - very friendly and helpful.

One very good point - if your are a BHS member them discount on lorry covers BHS membership
smile.gif

Mooch

photobucket.com
I've just insured my 2yr old with them.

I read through their quote and noticed that if he was a colt and then gelded, his policy would be cancelled.

As I bought him as a colt and knew I was going to geld him I was worried that he then wouldn't be insured. So, I called them and they were fab!

They explained that people insure as colts and don't notify them when they geld. Then, when the horse has problems they expect them to pay out. I was told, that as long as I called them before I was due to geld, then it would be included on the policy.

I did exactly this and they were great! Added it to his details and ran through what I needed to do if he had any problems (which luckily he didn't)
grin.gif