Keep Fizz in your thoughts

Annette4

Visit site
We went away overnight and left the dogs with my mum, all 3 were totally fine after a long play time and have just had their normal food etc and had a fab time.

She was sick 20 mins after eating her dinner last night and had been sick again (with quite a lot of blood) in the morning but she's had the odd tummy bug over the years so we didn't think much of it.

Once we got home though she starting 'praying', couldn't settle and was doing a lot of self soothing my licking herself and the sofa cushions. Called the vet and they wanted to see her and thank goodness I called them. She's got pancreatitis, is dehydrated, has a very high red blood count and a low white blood count. We're having to syringe water into her every hour and she's on pain killers etc and we're back in tomorrow. If we can't get her drinking on her own she'll have to go on fluids but I'm really hoping we can avoid it as gets really stressed at the vets (although thankfully is very good for them).

PurBee

Visit site
Sending healing vibes and high hopes she recovers swiftly ?? well done for getting her straight to the vets.

Kat_Bath

Visit site
Oh jesus. I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope she picks up very, very soon and you can avoid as much stress as possible. Sending lots of love and hugs xx

Bellasophia

Visit site
All the best.Good call for fast vet visit..the rapid intervention should get her back to normal in quick time.You may have to monitor her diet to avoid any future triggers.
One of my poodle girls used to have unusual flares on Sunday afternoons..I couldn’t understand why until my hub confessed he’d been giving her the Sundayroast chicken skin as a treat….o_O

paisley

Visit site
Would Oralade be appropriate in this case? I have some as its been great for the whippets occasional upset tummy but not sure for pancreatitis. Hope Fizz is improving though.

Annette4

Visit site
Would Oralade be appropriate in this case? I have some as its been great for the whippets occasional upset tummy but not sure for pancreatitis. Hope Fizz is improving though.

I've had it for Dobby in the past as he gets an upset tummy at the drop of a hat but I'm loathed to give her anything just yet but will speak to the vet early next week as I didn't think to ask on our call this morning.

She's perked up slightly today but still won't drink. I am whippet enemy number one as I'm the one administering meds and water ? but she's at least settled today, finally had her first poo since Thursday morning and hasn't had to be hand fed although she's no where near her normal gusto over food.