Keep the Cob hairy ?????

Cobsndogs

Visit site
Opinions please, people keep advising me to hogg him, but I prefer all the flowing hair, and think he looks kind of sweet with it all.

20kf9tt.jpg

91jgwl.jpg

w2d2s9.jpg

8z2znn.jpg

[59668]

Visit site
Mine is hogged and I think it looks great on the right horse, but I don't think yours has the build or neck to carry it off. he's not really very cobby if you know what I mean!

handsome though...

wattamus

Visit site
Don't hogg! If you do and it looks silly it will take months to come back! AND it ruins the mane if you let it grow back afterwards it doesn't lay flat and looks like a bog brush! :) xx

Theresa_F

Visit site
I would keep him hairy. If you want to show him, carefully tidy up the mane so it is a bit more even. He looks to be a welsh x type so you could turn him out as you would a welsh D.

If you are not showing, then leave him as you like him to look.

He looks a lovely kind chap.

indie999

Visit site
Keep it his mane etc is lovely and neat. Sisters horse was hogged as her mane was really scraggly and short uneven, it just never grew. And hogging suited that horse.

I dont think he is hairy at all, and agree it does suit some horses but yours looks quite fine looking. I wouldnt hog him.

Onefortheteam

Visit site
He wouldn't pull off being hogged, but in my personal opinion, he doesn't pull off the long mane either, it doesn't seem thick enough to me. I would want it maybe 4/5 inches long :)