Keeping Dry Out Hunting

As we have just come out of one of the wetter starts to the season, I wanted to know what tips and tricks everyone has up their sleeve for staying dry out hunting.

Are there any specific products you can't live without? Do you wear Ri-drys? Anyone out there know what they used to do in the 'olden days?' - pre Barbour etc?

Would love to know!

palo1

I just don't think I could do hunting in bad weather without my ri-dry. I don't know anything else remotely as good. Waterproof trousers can be tricky but this year I have purchased a waterproof riding skirt which is brilliant. Not been able to try it out hunting sadly but it is warm and waterproof and makes getting on and off much easier than in trousers! :)

Pearlsasinger

As my seasoned hunter friend always used to say, 'it stops at your skin'. She thought those of us who complained about getting wet were wimps! Personally, I think she felt better in direct proportion to the amount of stirrup cup punch she had imbibed.

Rowreach

As my seasoned hunter friend always used to say, 'it stops at your skin'. She thought those of us who complained about getting wet were wimps! Personally, I think she felt better in direct proportion to the amount of stirrup cup punch she had imbibed.
I used to belong to a very smart hunt where the very idea of protecting yourself from the elements would probably have had you sent home :eek:

Irish hunts are far more sensible :)