Keeping the OH happy....

Vindaloo

Visit site
OK so I am guessing that there are many of us who have long suffering OH's who need a bit of TLC now and then to keep them in good humour and us in horses soooo......

Any good recipies which take mimimal time/effort but keep them happy in the tum department.

I'll start with Chicken in honey and soy sauce. It is so easy even I can't mess it up (except for the time I covered it and got explosive honey but anyway) so, don't cover.

Pour whole jar of honey in oven proof dish, stir in soy sauce until it tastes a little more savoury than sweet. Add chicken pieces (breast is best and all that). Cook at approx 180 until tender, serve with rice and green veg or sweet corn.

Result, happy OH and me getting carte blanche to ride as long as I like and in fact, he might give it a go too.

Serving up in high heels and nothing else also helps but do wear oven gloves when taking out of the oven.

Any other hints/tips/recepies welcome.

Happy Friday all.

x

lara b

Visit site
minimal time and effort = restaurant for me! Keeps him happy and I can just sit and be waited on so good in all ways (except pocket!)!:)

Do occosionally make the effort and make his fave sticky toffee pud, but it's quite time consuming and messy and once you have seen all the sugar and butter go in there you will never eat it again!:D

Littlemissmoneypenny

Visit site
Oooh that sounds yummy! I like making cakes....mostly so i can have a nibble but a victoria sponge is easy and goes down well.....or even easier and quicker Rice Krispie Choc cakes a lot of fun making :)

Vindaloo

Visit site
Ahh, Lara I think you are on the right track, I have had a request for lemon drizzle cake! So perhaps sweet is the way forward. Will give it a go but have NEVER baked a cake in my damn life. God knows how this will turn out. We don't have ovens in Indai so I have to make do with a rubbish combi oven. Will give it a go..

Vindaloo

Visit site
Sticky toffee pud/chocolate fudge cake/profitaroles (sp.) does it for me. As would serving up in high heels and little else as Dougalsmum said. Food might not get eaten though!!!![/QUOTE]

Or it might.... Just not off the plate. Either way, mission accomplished and smiles all round ;-)

royal

Visit site
Seeing as I can't cook....at all...in fact, I'm probably the world's worst....this wouldn't work on my OH...in fact he'd probably just give it the dog to be on the safe side :eek:

Piglet

Visit site
Ha ha I like the "serve in high heels" cracking comment!! :D That made me giggle, I just read the signs, if he is working then I am left alone but if he is not working (he is self employed) then I have to use all my feminine traits to stop him complaining that my horse gets more pampering than he does - a nice cup of T in bed does the trick!!!:eek: