Keira Knightley sues the Daily Mail

darksided

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I reaaaaaaally don't like that dress.

I don't think shes anorexic though, just does a LOT of exercise and doesn't eat masses I imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't over-exercise a form of bulimia?
In that photo she doesn't look naturally skinny...
I agree about lots of people being accused of having eating disorders when they're just naturally very slim, but she's definitely got thinner.

bellgave

Visit site
I went to a premiere recently and she was there she is skeletal, very very thin indeed, dont forget the camera adds weight to you, so she is much thinner in real life!! Also she may not look drawn and ill like some anorexics as she has a team of make up artists, stylists and hair peole to ensure she looks good!!!
Kate Bosworth is another one who is unbelievably skinny.

Mithras

Visit site
She looks fine to me. She's very young and its normal for your weight to flucuate up and down a little anyway, not to stay EXACTLY the same. Even if she has lost a little weight, she is a long way off being worryingly thin.

I find it very old fashioned that the media would have us believe that women are SUPPOSED to be "curvy". Not everyone is meant to be curvy and not everyone wants to be. Personally I prefer being a size 8 with a small chest than a size 12, I am far more comfortable and I get far more male attention.

Blaming non-anorexic celebrities for tragic cases of anorexia is fudging the issue. Anorexia is not just about loss of appetite anyway, it is about nervousness and anxiety as well often resulting from much more complex sources than a mere desire to lose weight.

Real anorexia nervosa sufferers are much thinner than Keira Knightly. The underlying muscles would be visible in her upper arms, all her chest bones would be visible (not marginally enhanced by bronzer), her hands and forearms would be bony and veiny. She is a healthy weight, its just a shame some people still adhere to the view that women should look a certain way and that being athletic and fit is in some way unfeminine. She might even just be a person that carries more weight on their lower half than their top half. There is no medical reason whatsoever to carry superfluous fat if a person is otherwise perfectly healthy.

But then I never got the arguement over how women shouldnt box in case they "damaged their internal child bearing organs". Surely men are much more at risk from that than women as theres are on the outside, so logically women are safer boxing than men?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I find it very old fashioned that the media would have us believe that women are SUPPOSED to be "curvy". Not everyone is meant to be curvy and not everyone wants to be. Personally I prefer being a size 8 with a small chest than a size 12, I am far more comfortable and I get far more male attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

God you wouldn't get any attention down here, opposite, size 10's and 12's get all the attention and the 6's and 8's get no attention.

She looks ill, she doesn't even look fit or healthy, when you look at Britney in the I'm a Slave video, she looks toned and really good, Kiera looks ill, she's not a size 8 anyway, most wouldn't be bringing up the 'anorexia' word if she was.

vivhewe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a size 8 with a small chest too, but even I can tell that Keira is painfully thin. She's certainly not a size 8, or anywhere near it
crazy.gif

darksided

Visit site
Real anorexia sufferers are much thinner?

I'm really not sure about that... pretty sure I've heard of anorexic sufferers sometimes looking comparatively ok in comparison to other sufferers. But they still have the underlying issues and the eating disorder... sometimes it just doesn't show as obviously.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Real anorexia sufferers are much thinner?

I'm really not sure about that... pretty sure I've heard of anorexic sufferers sometimes looking comparatively ok in comparison to other sufferers. But they still have the underlying issues and the eating disorder... sometimes it just doesn't show as obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right! Men can suffer too, people just think its bony teens and young women that suffer buts thats not true!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I was reading a report which said that if Posh did not have Breast implants she would look like a health hazard. Thought this was quite interesting.

KatB

Visit site
I dont think Keira is anorexic, skinny yes, anorexic no. The pics that sparked it are pics of her in a bikini, and she still has decent thighs and doesnt look drawn like alot of celebs, (V.Beckham being one!) The ribs thing amuses me, i'm a very healthy size 12 and you can see my ribs as I have a huge rib cage!? Df not anorexic!
smile.gif

darksided

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
you can see my ribs as I have a huge rib cage!? Df not anorexic!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
hehe same here! my sister and I look like we have a second pair of boobs cos they stick out at the bottom so much
ooo.gif
crazy.gif

X

xspiralx

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Women ARE supposed to be curvy. Not fat, but curvy - as they naturally should have wider hips for giving birth etc. It is healthy to have curves.

Of course people can be thin naturally, and thats fine, but to be honest, I don't think it makes much difference to men.

All the ones I know say they don't notice weight that much, so long as the girl has shape. In national surveys that are done it is women with curves like Kelly Brook that come out on top, and the skinny stick thin ones like Kate Moss [though I believe she is stunning] come much further down.

Sooty

Visit site
The picture of KK in the DM certainly didn't give the impression of her being anorexic. She is well covered, just extraordinarily lean - she hasn't got any protruding bones. She also looks very fit, and is one of those people whose legs are naturally quite a long way apart - there is a name for it, can't remember. Ectomorphic or something!

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
She does have anorexic history in her family though!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hardly conclusive of anything is it?!
crazy.gif

Ignition

Visit site
It's not fair just posting that picture of her in the gold dress.. Of course one that exposes a naturally thin person's entire upper torso is going to emphasise their boniness!

What about these? Looks healthy enough!

bd5.jpg

keira%20knightley.jpg