Kelsall....did not go to plan :( Pics

TopTotty

Visit site
So up we got and off we went to Kelsall Hill yesterday for our BE80 debut.

I was so very excited and as it was Maisey's first event we were unsure what to expect but we didn't need to worry as she was the best pony ever.

She stood quietly on the box whilst we walked the courses, then we got her out for a little look round and her eyes nearly popped out as she had never seen so many horses in her life!!!

I tacked up for the dressage, put my foot in the stirrup and it poured down!!!! However not to be phased we went and had a look round and then had a little warm up. We haven't mastered left canter yet but we have progressed from no left canter to a disunited left canter so I was happy with that!

IMG_4467_zpsb18323e4.jpg

IMG_4466_zpsd8c16ef2.jpg

We did a wobbly dressage and managed 42.5% which I was pleasantly surprised at :)

On returning to the lorry we decided to change tack and head on down to the show jumping so she had plenty of time to take everything in. However as I changed bridles I noticed that the bit I started to use on Tuesday (a happy mouth fulmer) had rubbed her on one side of her mouth. It was not serious (today you can't even tell) but there was no way I was going to put it back on.

I was GUTTED :( :( I went and withdrew and then came back and sobbed in the lorry! Then my OH told me to pull myself together and pat my awesome pony!!

So it did not go to plan but there were lots of positives from the day. Onward and upward and I have entered us in a local hunter trial next Sunday......hopefully we'll have more luck there!!! :) :)

Bring on BE 2015!!! :) :)

Mahoganybay

Visit site
That`s a shame but a good result on the dressage and at least your pony got to take in the experience.

Can I just say, what a fantastic owner you are to your pony, some people would have gone on anyway regardless of the consequence to the horses mouth (when you have been showing / competing for years you unfortunately she a lot of unpleasant things). But like many of us, you pit your horse first.

TopTotty

Visit site
That`s a shame but a good result on the dressage and at least your pony got to take in the experience.

Can I just say, what a fantastic owner you are to your pony, some people would have gone on anyway regardless of the consequence to the horses mouth (when you have been showing / competing for years you unfortunately she a lot of unpleasant things). But like many of us, you pit your horse first.

Thank you very much :) I would never do anything to hurt my animals intentionally. I would not be able to live with myself! As I told Peter yesterday if I was to go on and ride her and make it worse then I didn't deserve to have her! We made her too so she trusts us and I could never abuse that. Love my ponies and I am very lucky to have them :) :)

showpony

Visit site
This exactly!!!!!!! Well done you for putting your horses welfare first.... It will come back to you full circle & your 2015 season will be great.

Shrimp

Visit site
Oh what a shame but good on you for not carrying on when she was sore, last thing you wanted was for her to have a bad experience. It now also explains why I didn't see you jumping as I kept my eye out for you. Best of luck for the hunter trial next week and onwards and upwards for next year!! :)