Kennel cough?

Patterdale

Visit site
Poor old puppy has been coughing on and off since Friday night. I’m wondering if it’s kennel cough?? Possibly from the large party she was at last weekend 🤔☹️

She’s ok in herself, just slightly quieter. Still eating and drinking. What’s the best thing to do? Should I still be exercising her? She will be fine for a while then have a coughing fit, then ok again. Sneezing a bit too, no nasal discharge that I can see.

Talk about back down to earth, poor poppet!

maisie06

Visit site
Kids benylin and honey, I wouldn't be walking her atm . mine all had it a few years back, took about 3 weeks to disappear if i remember rightly, they have been vaccinated so only had it mildly.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Poor old puppy has been coughing on and off since Friday night. I’m wondering if it’s kennel cough?? Possibly from the large party she was at last weekend 🤔☹️

She’s ok in herself, just slightly quieter. Still eating and drinking. What’s the best thing to do? Should I still be exercising her? She will be fine for a while then have a coughing fit, then ok again. Sneezing a bit too, no nasal discharge that I can see.

Talk about back down to earth, poor poppet!

Sounds like it poor pup- we had it last October, I’m now banned from shows during the shooting season as it really scuppered plans for quite some time! Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of K Cough denial at some of the bigger shows 🙄☹️

My youngest had it worst, but was only symptomatic for about 5 days. I fed manuka honey (cheapest from Lidl!) 2 x daily, either straight from the spoon or dissolved in warm water. I also dampened kibble. None of them were poorly with it, it was more inconvenient than anything else due to being responsible and isolating them from any other dogs. I did rest them all, which they were fine with.

I hope she’s better soon, none of mine were badly affected- the 12 yr old Damnation maybe coughed once, just to feel included 🙄😂

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Crufts cough gets humans and dogs every year , not surprising really . Nothing to add to the advice above , hope she’s not too poorly with it .

Patterdale

Visit site
Thank you for all the advice! I took her out now for 15 minutes (on our own land, no other dogs!) as she’s not been out all day and was bright. She’s coughed LOADS since coming back and is looking v sad now ☹️

How do I know if she needs the vet? I gather it’s usually just home care?

EllieBeast

Visit site
Thank you for all the advice! I took her out now for 15 minutes (on our own land, no other dogs!) as she’s not been out all day and was bright. She’s coughed LOADS since coming back and is looking v sad now ☹️

How do I know if she needs the vet? I gather it’s usually just home care?

Erik was sad for about a day, and coughing up lots of white foam.

I just felt that as long as mine were still eating and drinking and bright enough then no need to worry the vets- the last thing they need is you to take it into the practice so if you're really worried maybe just give them a call for advice?

EllieBeast

Visit site
Manuka honey and yogurt three times a day helped Suri get over it quickly but I still kept her away from other dog contact for 3 weeks. We missed 2 champ shows and an open show but we did the right thing

I wish more people did! I’ve been to shows and heard dogs actively coughing. I end up an anxious mess for 2 weeks after worrying that we’ll get it again 🙄🙈