Kent and masters saddles.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Thoughts on these saddles please.
Ive just got one for my horse. ( fitted by a saddle fitter). Just interested to know if its a good make etc. Thanks

CJoe

Visit site
Having had a great and respected saddle fitter out to check mine, NO! my stirrup bars are uneven as are the girth straps causing it to twist! They are made my computer type thing so any "build" is only as good as the person inputting the data.....

Otherwise

Visit site
I ride a horse that has a Kent and masters jumping saddle, it fits the horse but doesn't fit me at all so I hate riding in it. I don't think there's much wrong with them they just don't suit me

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I Had one, it was a decent fit for the horse but ever so uncomfortable. I sold it, I've currently got a thorowgood as a stop gap whole my youngster changes shape as it was cheap and is somehow comfier than the K&M

Fiona

Visit site
My hubby has one for his mare and likes it, but its too big for me.... Its still in as new condition 2 years later.

The saddler brought one for me to try when I was getting a new saddle recently, and I enjoyed riding in it, but as I wanted a jumping rather than GP I ended up going with another make.

Fiona

asmp

Visit site
DAughter has one on her horse - fits the horse but I hate riding on it as it is so uncomfortable. It's like riding on a board! I have a very comfortable Hastilow for my horse.

StableMum

Visit site
We've got two K&M saddles. They fit the horses well and are comfortable to ride in. However, the leather on both of them seems quite soft and I find that they are easily marked. Both are no more than two years old. Having bought one, I would not have bought another for this reason - the second came with my daughter's mare when she bought her. That saddle is now on my horse and my daughter has a new Adam Ellis saddle which is much more robust.

ezililaur

Visit site
I have one. Though I've had it 8 years from new. Lovely fit on my mare. I had the gullet changed a couple of times as she's changed shape over the years.
I also find it very comfortable.
We mainly do fun rides and hacks so can be in the saddle for up to three hours at a time.

bubsqueaks

Visit site
Yes we have one but find it bulky & uncomfortable & can feel the stirrup bar under leg, I think people get very easily misinformed that because you can change the gullet its more of a fit all type saddle but its not as the gullet channel cannot be changed & neither can the tree shape which are crucial to comfortable fits for the horse as well as other points - I wouldn't buy one again through personal choice & neither would I use the saddle fitter who sold it to us & hardly had us go into trot!!

atropa

Visit site
I got a brand new S-Series High Wither Compact GP for my high withered, big shouldered and croup high mare at the start of the year. It's okay. It's a good price, and seems to fit her very well plus I like the idea of being able to adjust the gullet. It also looks decent on her and is lightweight.
As another poster mentioned, the leather marks VERY easily.
Comfort wise, it's not as comfortable for me as my Ideal Grandee that I ride my other mare in, but this is negated by the positive points above. My biggest niggle with it is that the stirrup bars are set slightly too far forward and I need to work hard not to have a chair seat in it. Also, it's pretty slippy and squeaky but this could change with age.

bubsqueaks

Visit site
I got a brand new S-Series High Wither Compact GP for my high withered, big shouldered and croup high mare at the start of the year. It's okay. It's a good price, and seems to fit her very well plus I like the idea of being able to adjust the gullet. It also looks decent on her and is lightweight.
As another poster mentioned, the leather marks VERY easily.
Comfort wise, it's not as comfortable for me as my Ideal Grandee that I ride my other mare in, but this is negated by the positive points above. My biggest niggle with it is that the stirrup bars are set slightly too far forward and I need to work hard not to have a chair seat in it. Also, it's pretty slippy and squeaky but this could change with age.

Oh yes forgot ours squeaks as well ! always has & its only one year old!!

Dubsie

Visit site
We had the cob one for a New Forest and loved it, very comfortable and fitted well, bought a different model K&M for the horse and although it fits (had 4 different saddlers say it fits fine) the horse just simply hates it. Put another saddle on (that she likes) and she's fine, take this one anywhere near her and she shows her displeasure. Not quite sure what the problem is with it but think will sell it.

Gazen

Visit site
I tried a multitude of saddles on my horse and the K&M was the only one that he was happy in. He also prefers a £5 fabric girth with no elastic over the expensive leather 'anatomical' girths I have for him. As with most things horsey related, some things suit some horses some things don't, mine likes cheap stuff.

leflynn

Visit site
I have the series dressage and jump saddles - both plus 5 yrs old and the dressage looks as new still, the jump was a bit more batteredd when I bought it but smart enough to show/hunt in still and cleans up well! Took me a while to get used to the DR as the twist is wide but we both like it :)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Few makes are "bad" makes, but whether they work for particular shapes of horse etc is a very different issue. If it fits your horse that is more important than anything else. They are definitely not a "fits all cobs" saddle though, despite the impression some people are given, often by professional fitters (ie "that's the best you'll get" when it's sliding all over the place).

ApolloStorm

Visit site
I had a s series HW dressage for the TB, fitted him like glove, he LOVED it, his paces just opened compared to the ideal we tried with the fitter
I liked it enough to buy it but found after a few weeks of riding in it, that it tipped me a little more forward that i liked, but this may have just been the deeper seat with it being a dressage one and it was a 17 rather than the 17.5 I'm used to. Again the leather is super soft but so easily marked, Because id bought it new I was really picky about taking girth/stirrups off and keeping it with a cover on, but the stirrups did mark the panel a bit even after a few uses.
I would probably have another since they are such good value for money.