Kent Beaches (riding)

spike123

Visit site
Never been to Sandwich but Camber is lovely. Greatstone is also good but you need to make sure you walk it properly before attempting any faster work as they do get sinking mud down there

HollyB66

Visit site
I've done Camber a few times, it's only open to horses for the next couple of weeks though.

http://www.rother.gov.uk/article/1472/Horse-Riding---Camber-Sands

Maidstone and District Riding Club are going there this Saturday, probably last Saturday before the restrictions :(

Copied from website:.......................................................................................
In view of the fact that more people use Camber Sands during the summer season, i.e. between Easter and the end of September, there is a greater risk of horses causing danger or annoyance to persons using the Seashore. Therefore, horse riders are only permitted to ride at certain hours, i.e. before 8.30am or after 7:30pm between Easter and mid October. It is also always best to choose the best tide, i.e. Low tide and avoid weekends where possible.

Horse Owners should also be aware that winter weekends can still be very busy, and parking can be an issue during peak hours. Early mornings or late afternoons avoid such conflicts.

Any mess MUST be cleared up and taken away.

HollyB66

Visit site
I've got a feeling that a friend of mine said that they don't actually lock the car park, but wouldn't rely on that without checking.

Kadastorm

Visit site
we went to Dymchurch a few weeks back, we went for miles, right round to st mary's bay almost. Really was lovely, we parked in a car park in the centre of dymchurch and took along poopy scoops to clear up the mess :)