Kent & Masters S Series GP - Good saddle?

UnaB

Visit site
Hi all,

Had saddler out today to fit my 4yr old for a saddle and sadly none he brought fitted but he recommended a Kent and masters s series gp. It looked a very nice saddle and adjustable which he recommended as she is draft type and likely to change shape over the next couple of years and apparently they are a better quality adjustable saddle than some others.

Horse will only be used for hacking, maybe a bit of hunting, fun rides etc. Maybe a small amount of jumping. But it will be an everyday use saddle so needs to be decent quality as I plan to have the horse a very long time!!

I haven't had an adjustable saddle before so was a bit wary but it looked a much better quality than I had been expecting. My budget is pretty limited (the k&m was over budget so I would be stretching for that!!) So is it a decent saddle for the price? And recommendations or reasons not to get it??

Thank you!

Achinghips

Visit site
I have two for my drafts, but they are the Kent and masters cob GP. Superb, well worth the money, comfy and they keep their price for resale.

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Plenty of them on ebay if you are looking to pay less. I'd always prefer used for a youngster, anyway.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
This is one recommended for my boy too, at least the the Kent and masters brand as they have good wide gullets through the saddle. My boy needs an xw in his current undermuscled state, his previous saddles were a treeless and a mw albion, both of which now have to go. Whoops, I've been riding in them for years, and they've also been fitted by other people. Hoping it might help my lameness issues.... Saddles are a mine field!

UnaB

Visit site
Thanks everyone. Think they will be a good choice.

I have tried looking for one privately but don't know enough about fitting them so would rather pay a bit extra and have a proper saddler fit it as I would be worried I would get the wrong one and damage the horses back! Plus all the tree changes, balancing and reflocking is included in purchase price 😊

nato

Visit site
They are a fab saddle and a lovely fit on the horse. They fit most horses too and are super adjustable. I sold mine as I found there was too much saddle between me and the horse. I couldn't get my leg on.

Stockers

Visit site
I've got an original K&M and love it. did take the knee and thigh rolls out though as found too bulky. they tend to fit a wide range of horses.

Fjord

Visit site
I love my K&M cob saddle. I've had it since new so about 5 years now and it's still in great condition. I find it comfy as well, I'd definitely recommend them.

samlf

Visit site
Personally I find Kent and masters saddles quite uncomfortable. I can put up with it but compared to my others horses bates and gfs saddles it is much harder feeling seat.

rachk89

Visit site
I have the original range gpd but when replacing my other k&m I refused to buy anything but that again. Horse loves it and it is a very comfy saddle. Excellent for changing horses too. Mine easily went from medium to wide/extra wide when my horse drastically filled out in months. Think I will only ever have k&m as long as my horse likes them.

UnaB

Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone!

We got our Kent & Masters saddle on Friday and me and pony Ava love it 😊 super comfy and Ava is going great in it.

5s7cm.jpg

1z1abg1.jpg

dibbin

Visit site
I had a K&M Cob GP on my old TBX. It was a lovely saddle - nice quality and very comfortable. I was gutted it didn't fit Jazz when I got him.

Wheels

Visit site
And the saddle is too far forward :) it should fit comfortably behind the shoulder, it is making the saddle unbalanced with the seat not being level

UnaB

Visit site
I loved my K&M - it was the standard version. Very comfy for me and horse.

UnaB I think your stirrups need swapping over - the bendy side should be on the outside of your foot :)

It is 😂 when you pull the stirrup down it goes to the outside 😊