KES (Kensington) Saddles? Anyone Have Any Experience?

acorn92x

Visit site
A friend is selling her KES dressage saddle for a very good price and I'm interested in it for my girl. Her horse is a chunky ISH and mine is an Irish cob, both of whom take a wide saddle (I currently use a Thorowgood T8 Cob).

KES is not a brand that I've heard of before so was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? Particularly when being used on wide, chunky horses? My girl isn't what I would call flat backed and she does have a little wither but am interested in peoples experiences with them.

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Used one on a 13hh pony. Bought it about 13 years ago and we had it for almost 10 years - lovely little saddle very comfy and stayed in good condition. Not sure of larger styles though I'm afraid.

acorn92x

Visit site
Thank you! The one I'm looking at is a 17" dressage saddle and is for a 15hh cob. I could do with a 16.5 inch however I think that would be too short for her. It looks like a lovely saddle though. I'm just nervous of my girl changing shape and then it not fitting as I've got an adjustable one for her at the moment although I can't see her losing/gaining too much weight as in steady work.