kevin parker or jm horseboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

quirky

Visit site
I know somebody who has a jm and it's a cracking little box. That said, I haven't heard a bad word about Kevin Parker either.

blood_magik

Visit site
Kevin's aeos boxes look pretty awesome :)
I had a nosey when I dropped my lorry off a few months ago and I was suitably impressed.

we considered JM as well when we were looking to have a 7.5T built and went with Kevin in the end.

if you contact kevin, I'm
sure you'd be able to go and look at the 3.5T - he had one at the yard when we were down

Chamfrom

Visit site
SP - I am thinking about getting a lorry built to my spec and we went over to see Kevin Parker and have a good look at what was in build. We were really impressed! I am a fussy sod and wont put my horses into anything that I am not happy with (trailers, single wheel rear axle etc etc) the lorry I was looking at had a roll cage around the horse area! I have never seen that before in any box! they put so much thought into their horseboxes - our horses come first every time but the quality of the living area is superb and he will only build on decent chassis. The customer service is excellent, far better than a lot of manufacturers I could mention - who shall remain nameless, on here, (ie go for a viewing of new builds and they go off out for the afternoon without even telling you - so you turn up after a two hour drive and they wont even allow you to see them without a specific person being there gggrrrrrr!!!) - I know its like I am beating the Kevin Parker drum - but go and see, then make your mind up - you will be impressed - for goodness sake if you are getting a 3.5 tonner get a good en - so many rob dogs out there that will build utter rubbish and say its suitable for 'two 16.2hh's' when you shouldnt even have shetties on board!
Talk to Kevin and see what you think - you will love the build quality! good luck! :)

irishdraught

Visit site
I haven't seen KPs boxes so I can't comment and although I have had some problems with one or two things, (current thread in CR) I cannot fault the build of JM boxes. Have you been to see them?

They were just starting to go into the 3.5t box market when we ordered our 7.5 and they appeared to be very well done. The trade off is 'extras v weight carrying capacity' so you have to be sure which one it is you would rather have as with most 3.5t boxes, you can't have both.

Chamfrom

Visit site
ID - well said, so many people want a little box to drive but still want the luxury of a 7.5 - not possible unless you carry ponies.
One last thing about KP - he is as honest as the day is long - seen too many builders who cant lie straight in bed! would you trust them with your money?
I spoke to him about an uprated 3.5 to a 3.9 (he had a 3.5 sitting there to sell) and told me straight it was not suitable for our two 16 handers - he could have done himself out of a sale by being honest but thats what people go back time and time again for - not someone that would sell you something that was not suitable just for a fast buck.... I know what I prefer :)

blood_magik

Visit site
I went for something a bit different with mine - it's a dusky purple colour.
that said, kevin has some in bright green and orange and they look stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.