Keyflow Pink Mash

happyhorse978

Visit site
Has everyone's horses done well on Keyflow Pink Mash?
I'm needing an alternative mash to the Dengie Alfa Beet I am feeding as he doesn't require so many calories at the moment during the summer, hence why I am looking at the Pink mash as it only needs to be fed in small quantities and its not particularly conditioning.
Thank you!

cariadbach10

Visit site
I’ve been using it, post ulcer treatment. But was speaking to someone I respect today who was horrified when I said I was feeding it. Apparently it’s full of soy hull, which is the waste product from when the soy itself is extracted. Lots of chemicals used to create this extraction.
Mine has eaten it, but it’s not made any drastic difference and is very pricey.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
It's a waste product (soya hulls) sexed up with beetroot shreds to give it the pretty pink colour. Would you rock up to the feed store and ask for a sack of soya hulls?

I got sucked in by the hype at first and fed it to my 3 for a while. My horses did much better once I stopped it. They liked it, though.

I feed soaked Agrobs Wiesencobs now, they are low in sugar and starch and a little go a long way once soaked. They love them.

scats

Visit site
Millie loves it, but she only gets a tiny half a cup to carry her supplements.
It sent Polly weird. She loved it but she started pawing the ground when I was riding and acting very, very oddly- jumping out of her skin at things that she normally wouldn’t bat an eyelid at. Took her off it and within a few days she was completely back to normal.

millitiger

Visit site
I feed it and my boy looks and feels great

He gets a double handful, then soaked, twice a day.
It's a good carrier for his micronised linseed and I like that it is a proper wet food.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I’ve been using it, post ulcer treatment. But was speaking to someone I respect today who was horrified when I said I was feeding it. Apparently it’s full of soy hull, which is the waste product from when the soy itself is extracted. Lots of chemicals used to create this extraction.
Mine has eaten it, but it’s not made any drastic difference and is very pricey.

There is a lot of of bad press about soya and soya hulls and I was also met with horrified glares from people I respected but I did my own research and actually, I discovered it really is just bad press and times have moved on… soya is mainly GM but it has been GM for decades and is in everything we eat nearly. With some great nutritional value. It’s even being investigated for its liver protective qualities.

Back to the hulls… they don’t go through any processing apart from that which removes the skin through cracking and rolling, just like oat or wheat bran. It’s very high in digestible fibre so isn’t processed much, it can be toasted and mixed with a root veg for cows to eat (stops it blowing away in the wind as it’s very light and just like bran) or pelleted for ease of feeding which can then be soaked. Very little processing, unlike the soy meal or soy oil.

https://www.feedipedia.org/node/719

All horse feeds go through milling and pelleting processes, and hulls and bran are good sources of fibre. I used to think they were sweepings off the floor and perhaps at one time they were but are now a valued source of fibre and polysaccharides for animals and us.