Keysoe HT, is this right???

cundlegreen

Visit site
Just come back from Keysoe, and thought I'd get my thoughts down before I went to bed. I'm a newby to BE, but when I was in the SJ arena doing the practice fences, there was a person in "civvies" jumping her horse amongst the competitors. The problem was that the horse was stopping first at a cross pole, and then at the upright. The rider wasn't helping at all, and the whole thing looked really hairy. The warmup was busy anyway, so should she have been in there? I assume she was a livery.

Bubbles

Visit site
She may well have had permission to be there from the organisers, getting a young horse used to the atmosphere, or perhaps a not yet dressed competitor giving their horse an early warm up prior to competing? Keysoe sj steward would have been helpful in this situation :) I hope you had a good day?

Bryndu

Visit site
Just come back from Keysoe, and thought I'd get my thoughts down before I went to bed. I'm a newby to BE, but when I was in the SJ arena doing the practice fences, there was a person in "civvies" jumping her horse amongst the competitors. The problem was that the horse was stopping first at a cross pole, and then at the upright. The rider wasn't helping at all, and the whole thing looked really hairy. The warmup was busy anyway, so should she have been in there? I assume she was a livery.

Hi,
She may well have been a BE member bringing a baby horse to get used to the atmosphere and acclimatize her horse to a busy collecting ring? This sort of thing is allowed and the steward probably wouldn't have let her in if she was a livery just having a go? If indeed there was a steward?
Of course.... I may be completely wrong:)
Bryndu

keysoe

Visit site
Horse was competing on Sunday, stabled over for event and being exercised on the Saturday (if it is the one who asked my permission)

cundlegreen

Visit site
Horse was competing on Sunday, stabled over for event and being exercised on the Saturday (if it is the one who asked my permission)
To be quite honest, the combination that I saw had very little chance of getting round a BE90 SJ let alone the XC!