Keysoe Unaff ODE .. quick Q

Emma S

Visit site
Can anyone tell me if the SJ is usually well up to height and full of fillers in the 90cm class? as a general rule of course!

I'm taking the little mare, she has schooled round Keysoe's 90 XC fences with ease and quite relaxed so hoping for a better performance than we had at Aston but we hit a bit of a rut SJ last weekend when someone stopped driectly behind the warm up fence as we were 2 strides off! Despite shouting I was jumping! She had to stop (first time this mare has ever stopped) and then just lost her bottle for the rest of the day :(

The 80cm is far too easy for her and to run the 90 would be far more beneficial, we have lots of SJ outings planned beforehand to get back on track, but don't want to enter and not get to go XC!

Any advice/opinions needed!

claire_p2001

asdexploitvangroenhove.weebly.com
Might not be what you want to hear but Keysoe SJ is spooky they have lots of interesting fillers, saying that they do not build over big and the courses are usually flowing in a lovely big arena. The warm up is in the large indoor school which is nice.

dafthoss

Visit site
Dont know about for the ODE but keysoe sj is normally up to height and built like bsja so lots of fillers and poles.

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I went with a friend twice for unaf ODE's and the SJ was very different both times! The first was the RC qualifiers, we had been there the week before for the BE event and they had then used the full BSJA course with fillers, flowers etc, for the RC qualifier it was poles and maybe one small filler - I was really shocked and the difference! The next time we went was one of their own ODE's and the SJ was outside on grass with the dressage being on the surface. There were a couple of fillers but again not as many as at the BE event. This was 2 years ago though so things could have changed.

Emma S

Visit site
Thanks guys, I know when I've been for their SJ it tends to be very up to height!
We are jumping at Onley this weekend so fingers crossed that will give us an idea of which class we should aim at!

On a different note... at 3am her full brother came in to the world, another cracking little dun! very exciting :D

keysoe

Visit site
A lot is down to SJ course builder, but we do guide that the technicality of eventing should be lower than BS.

We do build up to height, it seems to make things rather easy that the 80cms fences are 80cms, and the 90 fences are 90cms. Is there some code we should work to where they are smaller?

We have clear round in the evening after every Wednesday BS day if you want to come over and school / see what your horse thinks to us. We also have courses available for hire (most) days after jumping competition