kidney infection...

only_me

Visit site
well, after a week of my horses bed being excessively wet. called the vet out.

had to get a pee sample, but luckily for me my horse has a pee timetable - pees after ridden, pees going out to field and pees when he comes back in from the field - like clockwork!!

well vet says there is a kidney infection, but have sent some blood away to check. how long do these infections last?

what are your experiences of it?

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Jerry had a kidney infection, you are lucky your vet found it so quickly, I ended up spending my entire vets fees cover on just finding out what was wrong
shocked.gif

He had 6 weeks of antibiotics (injected) and touch wood seems to be ok now, but there is a risk that it will reoccour so we are testing his urine once a month for the forseeable future

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
Ohhhhhhhhh, I just read this out of curiosity, but Beau for a few weeks about 2 months back pee'd a lot of the time. I thought it was just me not noticing before, but now I think of it he doesn't pee that much any more - well he is back to what he was like, all since I changed his feed though. I wonder if it was a bit of an infection.

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Ohhhhhhhhh, I just read this out of curiosity, but Beau for a few weeks about 2 months back pee'd a lot of the time. I thought it was just me not noticing before, but now I think of it he doesn't pee that much any more - well he is back to what he was like, all since I changed his feed though. I wonder if it was a bit of an infection.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are at all concerned please get your vet to check it out, kidney infections arnt common in horses and can be very serious if left untreated

only_me

Visit site
my boy seems to be prone to them - got one last winter and we didnt recognise it for a month
shocked.gif
so he was off for a while, but now that we have caught it early as we knew the symptoms he shouldn't need to go off work.

hes on trimadizene (its hard spelling from sound
tongue.gif
) for 10 days and possibly he may be on collovet for a pick up me up...