Kids Pony who hates Kids

Linz75

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone else has one of these...? My nieces 12hh Welsh really doesn't like kids at all. When she rides he'll try to buck her off.....spin her off....mini rear....or rub her off against the fence....!
grin.gif
grin.gif
Everything been checked ie: pain, he just doesn't want to be around children.

Niece is learning to stick like a piece of velcro when he tries his antics (though he doesn't try them all the time/all at once) - he generally picks his moments when niece takes her eye off the ball...
grin.gif

charlie55

Visit site
lol, typical cheeky pony, there are loads of them up my yard! Dont know how theses kids ride them, id fll straight off!

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Yes, we've got one of them, the one who's outgrown him now worships the ground he walks on and the one who's got him now also adores him.
When I was in the USA my boss used to say, no kids learn to ride a well as English kids, it's the ponies, they teach them to stick like glue and think like lightning!

Fizzimyst

www.catsprotection.co.uk
Its true!

We had a pony sold to us as a jumping pony.

Would either run straight through the jumps or gallop up to them, put his head down, buck and plant you either in the jump or on the otherside.

He'd them walk round to the other side and eat the grass if we were outside or stand looking at you if there was no grass waiting for you to get back on.

Didnt help he had no withers, the head would go down and there was nothing to stop you coming off.

But my god, in time I learn to sit to it and in the most ungraceful way I stayed on, usually one hand grabbing the back of the saddle
grin.gif

Linz75

Visit site
Oh thank goodness other people have these too (or not!). OH keeps reminding me "you can't polish a turd"....

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
My 22 yo mare was given to me because she loathed kids. Someone gave her to a RS when she was in foal and told the owner that she was a 'fantastic pony for children'. Wrong! She is an evil minded old baggage whose idea of fun is to tank off and ditch any child who was put on her. RS owner spent 2 years trying to get rid of her and eventually gave her to us as a travelling companion for our gelding when he had be transported. YO seriously advised us to, 'insure her and shoot her when you get there!' Fortunately OH is as stubborn as she is so they get on fine!

We have been polishing her but the turdiness still shines through!