Kieffer Bridle - size guide

Andrew657

Visit site
I have just purchased a new kieffer bridle from ebay.

It was advertised as full - but is much smaller. (PS it's a lovely bridle)

Seller is currently refusing to accept return - so will need to put a case before ebay.

Just wondered if anyone knows of an official kieffer size guide online.

Polos

Visit site
not sure if this is any help? but you might be able to measure your bridle to see which size it falls under

https://www.eaglewoodequestrian.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Kieffer-Snaffle-Bridle-Size-Chart.pdf

I'd say they do come up true to size. My 16.1 petite mare wears a cob keiffer bridle which is the same for all other brands I have tried on her. I will say though, my bridle isn't actually stamped with a size (it was written on the tag but I don't have those anymore). If yours isn't stamped with a size and if the measurements actually confirm it to be a smaller size then it could be the seller has guessed the size?

Andrew657

Visit site
Thank you - I had seen that (but thought something from Kieffer might be better) the measurements however are more like large pony than full.

Visit site
I am currently selling a Keiffer bridle and the parts are stamped 2. I cant remember if I bought it for the warmblood or the cob, neither of which I have any more, so interested in the reply to this !

Andrew 657 pm me if you manage to send yours back and are interested , mine is nearly new and cheap !

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I remember a friend buying one some years back and the full was much too small for a horse that usually take a full, she needed the extra full It has left me thinking they come up small.

Andrew657

Visit site
I am currently selling a Keiffer bridle and the parts are stamped 2. I cant remember if I bought it for the warmblood or the cob, neither of which I have any more, so interested in the reply to this !

Andrew 657 pm me if you manage to send yours back and are interested , mine is nearly new and cheap !
Sorry - I'm trying to send back one where the parts are stamped 2.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Could you argue that as it's stamped size 2 not F or C it's not what you thought you were buying. It's a different sizing system and unless the seller can show that Kieffer size 2 = Full then it is misdescribed.

Kieffer saddles come in 0 1 and 2 and the amount I see advertised as 17 1/2 when a 1 is 17" and 2 is 18" shows that alot of sellers don't understand their sizing.

Dubsie

Visit site
You can buy the Kieffer parts separately - so get longer cheek pieces etc. We made a mistake by buying a cob size for our pony, it stretched with use and time so fitted our warmblood a few years later, and then we bought a second cob size assuming it would fit the warmblood too - but found it too small! (Sorted that issue with a smaller horse!)

Andrew657

Visit site
Penny Less you said you were interested in this. I contacted Kieffer and here's their reply.

Hi Andrew, thank you for you message. The stamped number does not represent the size. Sizes are marked by letters which are stamped on the noseband straps: W, WB or F stands for full size V, VB or C stands for cob size We hope this helps. Kind regards, Kieffer-Team

On checking - mine is stamped V

If yours is full - would be interested when I get the money back from this one