killer cat...whats the best bell/siren to put on collar?!

amandaco2

Visit site
My young cat is murdering a variety of animals regularly.
he has 2 bells on his collar.
Is there something else I can put on so he cant catch so many animals?? He's mostly white so hardly a camouflaged mog and well fed.
he brings in up to 3 presents daily :(

thewonderhorse

Visit site
I have four and three of them are murdering toads.

Unfortunately, even bells are sometimes not that effective as the cats will learn to move without jingling them.

I love my cats but the murdering I can do without.

heebiejeebies

Visit site
No help from me, I wish mine would wear a collar so I could put a bell on it, he ran in with a whole wood pigeon the other day... Unfortunately he takes his collars off and buries them, the little sod.

sarahann1

Visit site
he has 2 bells on his collar.
Is there something else I can put on so he cant catch so many animals?? He's mostly white so hardly a camouflaged mog and well fed.
he brings in up to 3 presents daily :(

Erm, well, some slow down on the number of catches they make as they get older if that helps??

Micky

Visit site
My old cats ( both gone now ) used to bring me rabbits and meeces on a regular basis, best accept they love you and are bringing you gifts...nowt will stop them bar keeping them indoors...grin and bear it and praise the clever clogs...its nature!

Clueless

Visit site
My resident hunter was decked out like big ben with bells, didn't make a bit of difference to his kills, just drove us mad inside the house

I could lie in bed at night in the summer and hear my cat approach across 4 gardens. I decided that she was the Darwin theory in practice, she was catching the deaf ones, or really dim ones! I didn't welcome the presents, but she was always so proud of herself.

Alec Swan

Visit site
....... :(

He's a cat. That's what cats do. Accept that your pet is acting in an entirely natural manner, or find a home for him. You could try having a word with him I suppose, but then I expect that you've already tried that.

Alec.

Janah

Visit site
Afraid I let my two girls get on with it though I hate it when they bring in live animals. I won't use collars as are they are both tree climbers. Would be mortified if they got caught up. I have seen cats with front legs stuck thro' collars.

They are only doing what cats do, live with it.

Last edited: