Kimblewick / Boxing Day

qaz

Visit site
Does anyone know if the Kimblewick are out around Collins End tomorrow (Boxing Day)? Myself and some other yard owners in the area have been trying to find out but their website is next to useless and emails continue to go unanswered. The Kimblewick seem to have complete disregard for horses turned out and allow their hounds to run through our paddocks. I am sick of having trashed fencing and injured horses as a result of their ignorance and if I know that they're in the area I will simply keep my horses in.

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
No they are not in that area tomorrow, the hunt website says were they are hunting tomorrow also including, directions so hardly useless. If you email the southern area secretary in advance, ie more than one day then I'm sure he will do his best to answer any queries and let you know when they are near your area, do also make sure that any drag hunts near you also know. Merry Christmas

qaz

Visit site
Thanks for this information. We have no problem with any other hunt/drag hunt other than the Kimblewick. I repeatedly emailed the South-Oxon secretary, which I though common sense seeing as I am in South Oxon but am still awaiting a response. I failed to notice the News section on the hunt website, I looked at Events and Hunting but no info. I have no objection to this hunt coming across our land but I find it pig ignorant for them to just ride through totally unannounced and cause complete havoc when horses are clearly turned out and noticeably upset. At least when it was VAGSB Amanda Stewart used to keep us informed. It's a shame that common courtesy is no long shown.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
If you email roger the south secretary than I'm sure you will get a response, I don't think its actually the south oxon area you are in. I'm seeing Roger tomorrow so will get him to check his emails.

Beckey Jane is correct that you need the southern secretary for your area- the website does tell you which secretary for each area :) We are very sorry that you have not had a reply- i've just checked both the inbox and spam filter and have nothing from anyone at collins end :confused: If you PM me your name/address/phone number then i will make sure you are kept informed in future :D

dad_io

Visit site
Feel free to contact me if you have a problem. We as a hunt want to be as inclusive as possible an I'm very happy to come visit any Land owner farmer or tennant if they feel that the Kimblwick is causing them any issue. My contact number is on the site and I will always answer my phone!!!

Last edited:

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Beckey Jane is correct that you need the southern secretary for your area- the website does tell you which secretary for each area :) We are very sorry that you have not had a reply- i've just checked both the inbox and spam filter and have nothing from anyone at collins end :confused: If you PM me your name/address/phone number then i will make sure you are kept informed in future :D

Just to add that i've checked and the south oxon sec doesnt have anything from you in her inbox either. Please do contact Rog (southern secretary) and he will make sure you are informed :) We are definately not out your way in the next fortnight if it helps?