Kingsbarn up for sale

AnShanDan

Visit site
Where is it advertised for sale? Just interested, as it could be a really great venue with the right people in charge.

EventingMum

Visit site
When you see Morris and Ingliston I reckon there could be a market but who knows especially with the loss of the big arena at Gleneagles. I heard,years ago, that the then owner only build it so in future the land could be developed for housing - no idea if there was any truth in that.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I got all excited when OH said we ve had a win on the lottery...£25 isn't gonna do it tho! It could be its too big to ever run successfully..maybe need one company to run a livery/training yard and another to run events/training. Theres tonights lottery I spose..

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
It needs a house on site I think. The facilities you see as a casual competitor are good but of course I have never seen behind the scenes. I really hope someone will revive it but suspect it will go for development.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
When you see Morris and Ingliston I reckon there could be a market but who knows especially with the loss of the big arena at Gleneagles. I heard,years ago, that the then owner only build it so in future the land could be developed for housing - no idea if there was any truth in that.

I was told that as well! Very difficult to make that pay I would think. Didn't Ingliston go through a period of not doing well? I am very out of touch with it all these days.
I hope I am wrong, I went for lessons there when it first opened and it was fabulous for about a month but went downhill so fast.

EventingMum

Visit site
Both Morris and Ingliston have (very) wealthy individuals behind them so how financially viable they are is probably questionable. Ingliston has many more things on site now as well: hotel, beauty salon, restaurant, conference rooms, wedding venue etc all of which get used for non horsey clients. Horse wise I've heard the number of shows has decreased as have the clinics with outside instructors but there are a massive number of liveries. If it makes a profit is anyones guess but the investment has been massive!