Kipwarm waterproof jods - anyone tried them?

Casey76

Visit site
Mine are now going into their third winter, and are still warm and waterproof. The fleece is still fleecy (no/minimal pilling), and there are only one or two tiny runs from the stitching at the groin.

I stick them in a normal 30°C wash, and put them through the dryer.

I would say that they are rather large around the waist/hip and tight around the calf, especially if you wear thick/long socks. I needed to go a size up to get them to fit in the calf, so I need a belt to keep them up. Apart from that, they are the best winter jobs I have, and I definitely recommend them (though perhaps the beige and chestnut are better than the black, if just for looks... or not, if you like the bondage look ;) )

benz

Visit site
Just bought a pair in brown and will probably get another! Totally agree with the sizing comment, they fit me wonderfully in the leg /bum but fall down if I don't have a belt! Personally I don't find them warm but I really feel the cold so I just wear thermals under. They are much better than horrible bulky thick over trousers or those nasty pvc trews that just cause you to sweat!

Regards size I am a 14 and got the biggest pair (I think 44) but I hate very tight clothing, and like I said they are big on the waist so they are more like a 16.

Casey76

Visit site
Nothing quite like plastic pants to keep the wet out ;) They feel rubberised, and although totally flexible, warm and waterproof, the black ones are definitely like black latex bondage trousers - I prefer my brown ones for less shock value - but i do have black as well.

Brightbay

Visit site
Nothing quite like plastic pants to keep the wet out ;) They feel rubberised, and although totally flexible, warm and waterproof, the black ones are definitely like black latex bondage trousers - I prefer my brown ones for less shock value - but i do have black as well.

Haha I started with brown and then got the black ones - they are a step up in the "very strange" stakes :D

They do what they say though - they are waterproof even in hideous weather, and are also windproof. You need to wash inside out, as the water actually does not go through them - then take them out and turn them back the right way again (a strange experience...).

And the waist size is annoying - I do not have a small waist relative to my hips, but even so the waist is huge on me! I spent the first while hoiking them up in an inelegant fashion, then got a belt...

The only thing that's not waterproof is the knee patches which get a bit soggy if it's pouring when you're riding...

SO1

Visit site
I have them they are fab but I would not say they are as warm as I expected but are waterproof. They do look a bit like fake leather trousers!

Agree with sizing they come up very tight on the calf compared to the waist so you probably ought to try a pair on if you can before buying - I am bought a size larger than I normally take.

chillipup

Visit site
I have them they are fab but I would not say they are as warm as I expected but are waterproof. They do look a bit like fake leather trousers!

Agree with sizing they come up very tight on the calf compared to the waist so you probably ought to try a pair on if you can before buying - I am bought a size larger than I normally take.

SO1...So what size did you really decide you'd like to post ??:D

SO1

Visit site
I am normally size 8-10 but bought size EU 42, I don't think they are very flattering though as my friends at the yard call them my bondage trousers but I don't care as I am nice and dry when it rains.

SO1...So what size did you really decide you'd like to post ??:D

RunRunReindeer

Visit site
Wow, thanks everyone for your input :) I'm usually size 10 jeans (Tesco :p) which I thought was EU 38, but when I put my waist measurement (75cm) into the Decathlon size guide, it tells me I need EU 42 - although it does call that UK10, whereas I would have thought it's more like 14 ...
Did everyone else just go on their waist size and order whatever corresponding EU size Decathlon told you? Don't mind too big waist if everywhere else is reasonably snug - but don't want everywhere else so tight I can't move either! Thanks again!

Visit site
The real questions are - will they hold up to 5 lots a day galloping 6 days a week? And just how bondage like are they? Probably far too much for a racing yard lol!

SO1

Visit site
The waists are not the tight bit it is the legs especially the calf areas that seems to be tight for the size. Maybe french ladies have slimmer legs and bigger tummies than us!

I am size 8-10 and have the 42 ones which I tried on at the shop - the smaller ones were better for the waist but the legs were really tight and it made it feel a bit like wearing a wetsuit hence I went for the less tight legs but bigger waist.

Wow, thanks everyone for your input :) I'm usually size 10 jeans (Tesco :p) which I thought was EU 38, but when I put my waist measurement (75cm) into the Decathlon size guide, it tells me I need EU 42 - although it does call that UK10, whereas I would have thought it's more like 14 ...
Did everyone else just go on their waist size and order whatever corresponding EU size Decathlon told you? Don't mind too big waist if everywhere else is reasonably snug - but don't want everywhere else so tight I can't move either! Thanks again!

SO1

Visit site
Not sure but I know someone who bought a pair for hunting but it says they are designed for people riding 2-5 times a week so probably not as some of the other jodphurs as advertised as suitable for intense use for riding more than one horse a day. The black ones are more leather looking, the other colours might be less bondage looking!

The real questions are - will they hold up to 5 lots a day galloping 6 days a week? And just how bondage like are they? Probably far too much for a racing yard lol!

FlashyP

Visit site
I'm a size 12 and have the eur 40 and they fit fine, snug but definitely not too tight. I don't find the waist to big or the legs too tight :) I think they must be very 'shape' dependent too. Probably, best to try on if possible.

TRECtastic

Visit site
I tried a pair of these on , as others have said the waist comes up big & the calfs small , I found them a strange shape but assumed it was me ! I didn't buy them as I felt 'trapped' in them , wasn't keen on the material

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I love mine but yesterday they stood up to a true test - 6 hours fencing in torrential rain and my legs were still dry, despite going through two waterproof coats!

blodwyn1

Visit site
Mine have arrived today in black. I was initially thrilled they were a perfect fit, and then after reading this thread , I realised I am the deformed shape they were designed for!! I also like the feel of the material....