Kissing SPine

Cedars

Visit site
TB mare, always a right bitch in the stable, hated her saddle, reared up and over nearly killing herself and rider, had surgery, 6 months off, brought back into work, still rears occasionally when doing girth and still a really pissy mare BUT she's no longer in pain which is obvious in her work.

china

Visit site
14 yr old tb, all rounder. Has always been cold backed. Excellent in every way, never put a foot wrong. Then froze whilst on a hack and refused to move. Bone scan revealed mild ks on t14-16, navicular and Spavins in both hocks! Vet believes ks is secondry to the others! Spine was injected once only and his work is adapted to mange it. Lots of long and low work ( increases the space between the spinal processes. )

Visit site
13 yr old tb x welsh. First started noticing symptons beg dec 11. Reluctance to be girthed, refusing jumps, uncomfortable picking back feet up to be picked out, head carriage of a giraffe, shuffling gate on hind legs and a canter that was a bit like riding a pogo stick. First checked by vets at home and nothing really seen. Sent into a lameness clinic which after x rays she was diagnosed with severe kissing spine. Had op in feb 12 to remove 3 vertebrae. Box rest at vets for 11 days then box rest at home for a further 4 weeks where dressings were changed daily. Stitches were removed and she went onto paddock turnout 1 week after the back stopped oozing. After 2 weeks in the paddock she was allowed to return to the field with the others. Physio started 1 month after back was fully healed. Had 1st treatment then a months field rest, 2nd treatment a weeks rest then started in hand work which was long reining every other day. She had another physio treatment 2 weeks ago and unfortunately she's gone backwards so is being reassessed and may have to go back in for another lameness clinic

dynasty

Visit site
I had my 12 year old warmblood operated on some 3 years ago. I gave him six months off and did six months ground work. Both of these times were less than the recommended amount but I decided I had spent lots of money and it is quite nasty surgery so gave hima bit longer to recover. He is a completely different horse. He was at the national dressage championships at medium level and is currently working at PSG and jumps up to 1.25m. he would probably jump bigger but I don't want to push himI want to keep him where I know he is happy and comfortable.

All i would say is be careful where you have it done as some of the vets get you working the horses too soon in my opinion

dynasty

Visit site
PS mine had five spinous processes removed (the most they had ever done at that clinic) if you would like me to contact you to discuss further please pm me