Kissing spines......

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Please tell me you r ks stories. Horsey has just been diagnosed with it, four fused vertebrae and another four in the process of kissing.

Hopefully will hear from a surgeon next week to see what he can do. Ian wright?

Slightly numb and confused:(

coffeeandabagel

Visit site
sorry to hear that. From what I have read (when I thought my boy had it) there is light at the end of the tunnel and posters on here have had successful outcomes.
Good luck with it and give horsey a hug from me

BethH

Visit site
Now 6yrs post op - surgeon Svend Kold at Willesley Equine. Horse was lovable but extremely difficult, likely to have been PTS due to extreme behavioural issues as I couldn't cope with him, was getting worse and worse, now just a bit of a lovable character! He is ridden 5days a week, hacks, dressage working Novice but capable of more and just started jumping this year happily doing 2ft/ 2ft 3 bounces, doubles and is very very happy and content, but he is worked very correctly, long and low and has loads of turnout.

There is light at the end of the tunnel - do your research and organise yourself a good rehab plan if you decide to go for the op it is a bit scary but most of us get there in the end, unless there is something else wrong with the horse or you are just plain unlucky which does occasionally happen.

Hope the vets can help you - all crossed for good news for you.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Thank you Beth, my mare had issues when we got her so we went back to basics but never settled in the riding, had my sister off a few times.......then she started getting uneasy girthing up and saddle going on.

To be honest the box rest is a little bit of a worry as she can get stressy without my other mare with her but I can maybe rotate my three for one to be in with her every day. If that makes senses.

It's very scary.

chestnutmarelover

Visit site
My ex racer went for ks op 4 weeks ago, originally was just 2 touching but had a call to say on further xrays 6 touching & arthritis in spine :( We've just finished the box rest & walking out in hand. Now the boredom is setting in (sorry its not MY fault the fields are flooded & u can only have an hour turnout!) We have 5 weeks of lunging then bring on next year & keeping everything crossed op was a success :)