Kitchen colour

Baileybones

Visit site
Ok random question of the day but what colour have you painted your kitchens?

I have 4 dogs who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The sight hounds like being up high so sleep on the windowsills or the top of the crates.

Kitchen is currently yellow with white skirting boards and I think this probably looked sunny and uplifting for about a month. Now it looks like 4 dogs live in there!

What colours could I go for that won't advertise dirt so readily without making it dark and cold?

(sorry told you it was random!)

Baileybones

Visit site
Honestly chap came to service boiler today and I suddenly saw it through a strangers eyes. There is mud everywhere it seems. Like not huge amounts - just enough to mean I apparently need to clean for 10hrs a day!

I was considering painting it brown................???

PorkChop

Visit site
I don't think there is a colour that won't show up doggy marks!

I paint my kitchen with wipeable bathroom paint - usually go for satin rather than matt.

You can really scrub it. Painted skirting are however a pain in the bum, natural wood ones are much easier :)

Sandstone1

Visit site
I was just thinking of doing my living room. Have 2 dogs and would like something easy to clean. Want something bright though as can't stand dark rooms.
Any tips?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I have wood panelling to waist height. The builder's advice was to gloss it, but that would mean keeping the dogs out for days! Silk is the way forward. The panelling is dark cream, scrubs up well.

Moobli

Visit site
No matter the colour, easy clean is definitely the way to go. I have two different mop heads - one for the floors and one for the walls.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Floor has to be dark slate grey not tiles though as crockery does not bounce. Would the coved/curved skirting they use in hospitals be easier to clean [no sharp corners.