Kitten watch thread

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Why has he got a cone on? Mine didn't and none of my others ever have.

Husband picked him up with it on and it's in the post op-literature. He hates it and I feel mean. I took it off so he could eat and had an absolute battle (score went Shadow 4 Me 0) to get it back on. My hands were shredded. I can't remember our previous boys having to wear one either.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Husband picked him up with it on and it's in the post op-literature. He hates it and I feel mean. I took it off so he could eat and had an absolute battle (score went Shadow 4 Me 0) to get it back on. My hands were shredded. I can't remember our previous boys having to wear one either.

I've had males and females neutered and never had one in a cone in 35 years including Pickle last week. I suspect your vet is being over cautious! I'm on Shadow's side!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Little kitten
r3iHmjZ.jpg

Big kitten
VOrfwBs.jpg

Hanging out apart together
ewkTCiS.jpg

Shady

Visit site
He is absolutely out for the count! I want a snooze but I can't move ??
:D
I know this one so well and the one where you really need a pee, and the one where you can smell the dinner burning, and the one where your legs have gone numb, and, and , and...
Kittens are awesome:) xx

Shady

Visit site
Little kitten
r3iHmjZ.jpg

Big kitten
VOrfwBs.jpg

Hanging out apart together
ewkTCiS.jpg
How did I miss this?!
Another gorgeous black kitten:):)
That is looking very good . I am a massive fan of getting new and old cats to play under supervision and the fishing lines and feather tipped sticks are perfect for this. I always get one from Zooplus with any spare bonus points

Birker2020

Visit site
There are at least 3 of us with new kittens, shall we combine on a thread so everyone needing a kitten fix can have one thread to go to?

I'll start. Current name is Pickle. Current activity is savaging my feet!

View attachment 79996View attachment 79997View attachment 79998
Lovely kitten, beautiful markings.

I am more impressed that you have a matching pair of socks, my dog always steals one of mine to bring me a present when i arrive home in the evening, so I have odds socks everywhere. At least a kitten won't do that!! ;)

Shady

Visit site
Isn't he just the most stunningly marked ginger tom moggy ever? I've never seen stripes like it except on a bengal. I'm wondering what daddy was.

View attachment 83293
Beautiful and if you look at Crazy Cat Lady's British silver tabby you'll see the same vivid coat pattern. British shorthair Red classic tabbies look exactly like yours in colour and markings. All BSH's originate from a mix of tabby farm cat and persan:)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Isn't he just the most stunningly marked ginger tom moggy ever? I've never seen stripes like it except on a bengal. I'm wondering what daddy was.

View attachment 83293
He's completely gorgeous. :D

I have heard of that pattern with a sort of round shape on the cat's sides being called 'classic' before. With the narrow striped version of tabby being called 'mackerel'. I have no idea if they are the correct official terms though.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Beautiful and if you look at Crazy Cat Lady's British silver tabby you'll see the same vivid coat pattern. British shorthair Red classic tabbies look exactly like yours in colour and markings. All BSH's originate from a mix of tabby farm cat and persan:)

I know he's just a mongrel and I'm biased but I do think he's spectacular!

Shady

Visit site
He's completely gorgeous. :D

I have heard of that pattern with a sort of round shape on the cat's sides being called 'classic' before. With the narrow striped version of tabby being called 'mackerel'. I have no idea if they are the correct official terms though.
Yes totally correct
Classic, mackeral and spotted. There's ticked as well ....but we won't get into that:D

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Kitten training has commenced. In readiness for being let out, I have got a shaker filled with a few biscuits. I shake it, call him and he tears across to me for a bit of meaty stick as reward. He would kill for stick!! If you try and get one out of the cupboard, he hears you and tries to get it out of your hands and run off with it.