Kitten watch thread

Northern

Visit site
Panda has been home a week and it didn’t take her long to settle in and find all the zoomy routes ?

Unsurprisingly, she’s got everyone wrapped around her little paw. Except the resident old cat who still prefers to watch her shenanigans from a distance. But less than a week in we only have the occasional hiss, which is great!

318E16F3-836E-4040-8911-E422729EB6D1.jpeg

61B7FBDF-E9EE-484A-8ABA-1B2858922E6F.jpeg
9E2ECFEB-9C08-4589-9301-643A841EC902.jpeg
Sideways but you get the idea ? she spends a lot of her time upside down and sideways anyway!

And of course an honorary photo of our Roccy who we lost in October ❤️
C3A1261D-3E23-4FED-8A77-D149B23D4A6F.jpeg

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Pepper and his mini-me
P98BqjJ.jpg

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Excited to join this thread! Just put a deposit down on this girl :D

View attachment 82771

The last time we had kittens was in 2004! Sadly we lost our beautiful Roccy tabby cat a month or so ago at the age of 17.5 years. Our remaining girl (same age) is now lonely so we have been looking for a new buddy for her. Apparently covid means everyone snatches up kittens! So I was lucky to find this breeder in the local region and we went and met the kittens and parents today. Can't wait for her to come home in a few weeks :D

Oh my goodness, just catching up on this thread and I see this ? seal bicolour ragdoll? Have you got a photo of your adult girl too?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
As some of you may have seem, SS has made several appearances already on the worst thing the cats done thread" most notable was going on the wardrobe, and I think getting spooked by knocking 2 heavy trophies off it, and ended up stuck behind the wardrobe. Was a great start to a Monday morning having to wiggle it sideways trying to extract him... very relieved OH was home or I'd have had to empty the whole thing, and even then I may not have been able to move it. The top is now blocked with unused horse rugs to prevent a repeat. The Christmas tree is not yet up. I sense ss vs the Christmas tree making an appearance on the aforementioned thread.... ?

Screenshot_20211205-145843_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211205-145858_Gallery.jpg

PD, aka Fluffy Round Pudding, probably doesn't really count as she's over year old, but you can see just how much ragdolls colour up in the first year. I am absolutely besotted with her. The thing she is carrying in the bottom photos is "sheepie snake" I think she thinks it's her kitten and she likes to bring it to you, howling away

Screenshot_20211205-145815_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211130-191940_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211130-191847_Gallery.jpg

Northern

Visit site
Oh my goodness, just catching up on this thread and I see this ? seal bicolour ragdoll? Have you got a photo of your adult girl too?

Yes she’s a seal point bicolour ?
Been here a week and taken over the household ?
My old girl doesn’t really know what to think but she’s slowly warming up to her. Here’s a picture!

7BD92DAB-9513-4EF1-9752-1333E0910468.jpeg

Emilieu

Visit site
Took the wee man to meet his birthday kitten on Friday night - absolute love at first sight, for both of them I think. It was utterly beautiful, my heart was so full of pride at how gentle and confident my boy was with them. HOWEVER… Since we visited to choose Elvis a few weeks ago, the sale of one of his brothers has fallen through - and would you believe, it was the kitten that we would both have picked if it had not been reserved when we first visited.
I’m sure you can guess what happened… only a week now until Elvis (blue collar) AND MEMPHIS (yellow) come to join our family ?E2249D11-0CF4-4EBB-9CDF-895520BBE980.png3C0DAF38-D458-419F-AB74-F38BE4647581.png4310E1DA-8CA9-49E4-91DC-31598B27CF7A.png

Northern

Visit site
Took the wee man to meet his birthday kitten on Friday night - absolute love at first sight, for both of them I think. It was utterly beautiful, my heart was so full of pride at how gentle and confident my boy was with them. HOWEVER… Since we visited to choose Elvis a few weeks ago, the sale of one of his brothers has fallen through - and would you believe, it was the kitten that we would both have picked if it had not been reserved when we first visited.
I’m sure you can guess what happened… only a week now until Elvis (blue collar) AND MEMPHIS (yellow) come to join our family ?View attachment 83786View attachment 83787View attachment 83788

TWICE the fun! There was a real danger of that happening here, lucky all 3 of Pandas littermates were already spoken for ;)

Emilieu

Visit site
TWICE the fun! There was a real danger of that happening here, lucky all 3 of Pandas littermates were already spoken for ;)
We had no intention at all of having another. We will now have three cats and a dog! And the horse of course, but she’s on livery so not cluttering up the house like the rest of them. We’ve lost control. Google promises me two means that they are less likely to get into bother and will leave the older cat alone… time will tell ? I think I am in for an exciting time anyway.

SF mine too. He was just enraptured by him immediately, and was whispering to him ‘I’ll look after you.’ I was soaking up every second which meant I failed to notice my husband in the background, falling in love with yellow ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I’m sure you can guess what happened… only a week now until Elvis (blue collar) AND MEMPHIS (yellow) come to join our family ?View attachment 83786View attachment 83787View attachment 83788

Oh good heavens, you definitely needed to get both they are absolutely gorgeous, ragdolls are my favourite breed, love mine so much.

That photo of your boy with his kitten is frame worthy

What patterns are they? They look like they are blue and seal(?) Colours ?

Emilieu

Visit site
Elvis is blue colourpoint and Memphis is blue mitted. His little nose flash just bowls me over. I’ve never had a ragdoll before but after lots of research I am so prepared to be completely smitten by the breed.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Elvis is blue colourpoint and Memphis is blue mitted. His little nose flash just bowls me over. I’ve never had a ragdoll before but after lots of research I am so prepared to be completely smitten by the breed.

Ooh I wondered if there would be mitties ?? yes, the white blaze on mine is what drew me to her as well! They need to be house cats, as they don't sense danger.

Definitely prepare to be completely and utterly smitten, though also completely and utterly under their thumb. I purchased my mum, who also has them, a keyring as a little something as part of her birthday present that says "the best way to get on with a ragdoll cat is to treat them as the superiors they know they are"

They're also very prone to little obsessions, and if they don't get their own way, they will plot against you and get you back ?

Below is a face which epitomises "disapproval" the reason for the disapproval? OH made me get her off the kitchen counter. This takes me to the next point - ragdolls don't do discipline and have very selective hearing, they can hear food, but being told to get down... of course not ?

Screenshot_20210927-130705_Gallery.jpg

Emilieu

Visit site
Ooh I wondered if there would be mitties ?? yes, the white blaze on mine is what drew me to her as well! They need to be house cats, as they don't sense danger.

Definitely prepare to be completely and utterly smitten, though also completely and utterly under their thumb. I purchased my mum, who also has them, a keyring as a little something as part of her birthday present that says "the best way to get on with a ragdoll cat is to treat them as the superiors they know they are"

They're also very prone to little obsessions, and if they don't get their own way, they will plot against you and get you back ?

Below is a face which epitomises "disapproval" the reason for the disapproval? OH made me get her off the kitchen counter. This takes me to the next point - ragdolls don't do discipline and have very selective hearing, they can hear food, but being told to get down... of course not ?

View attachment 83791
That is a mouth that means business. I’d be doing as her Ladyship told me I think

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
That is a mouth that means business. I’d be doing as her Ladyship told me I think

Oh yes it's a very pursed business like little mouth that's clearly showing her displeasure.

One of the obsessions covers the skip I use for laundry. It is her skip apparently. Today she was lying in it, as a wash finished. According to OH I should have turfed her out... a pair of blue eyes were scowling at me from the skip.

I used a washing up bowl instead that was far too small and the washing kept falling out. But it meant madam kept her bed ?

Emilieu

Visit site
You seem like an excellent slave, I congratulate your girl on training you well.
Our older lady mog has cancer. It’s a localised tumour that was removed in July and has caused no problems since, but they have warned us that it will come back. You can imagine how we all dance attendance on her. The new little ones might think they can rule the roost but I am sure she will put them straight in no time. There’s only room for one Queen around this place!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
You seem like an excellent slave, I congratulate your girl on training you well.
Our older lady mog has cancer. It’s a localised tumour that was removed in July and has caused no problems since, but they have warned us that it will come back. You can imagine how we all dance attendance on her. The new little ones might think they can rule the roost but I am sure she will put them straight in no time. There’s only room for one Queen around this place!

Oh so sorry to hear about Mog, it is such a cruel cruel disease, hopefully she still has many years left. Our dear little suspected Forest Cat had a tumour which would have required leg amputation, which my parents chose not to go ahead with, but she was still happy for her remaining years, it was the kidney disease (another evil disease) that she wasn't able to fight as it advanced.

I look forward to your new raggies appearing in the worst thing the cats done thread!