Knee blocks for jump saddle

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I have a Harry Dabbs jump saddle on trial.

I am not sure the knee blocks are the right shape / in right place for me?

Is there a guide to where they should be / what shapes work in a jumping saddle?

Are removable and velcro. Can you mix brands?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Yes mix brands, I bought some huge leather ones for a wintec saddle! Made it really comfy.
As for position I’d just fiddle round and find out where is best for you. I think the idea of Velcro ones is just that, there is no correct position, you put them where your most comfortable.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Depends what you want?
For example, I chose big fat jumping blocks because I had a green TB who kept yanking it’s head down and with zero core strength I wanted the security and stability.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I want balance with a big moving big horse at speed. He’s not hugely balanced and can yank downwards.

I don’t like the current knee blocks or position.

I really liked the blocks in the Jefferies Liberty jump saddle, but not right for my horse.

Guess I need to try and replicate that shape?

bouncing_ball

Visit site

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Photos of what I’ve got currently which isn’t comfortable. Suggestions for squashy comfy big knee blocks? Or is that not possible?

Attachments

• EBA6F7B3-679C-4F04-8F4E-30728BCDE4B2.jpeg
    EBA6F7B3-679C-4F04-8F4E-30728BCDE4B2.jpeg
    900.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 8423DD8B-2DB4-4234-A873-FE901A76A4C3.jpeg
    8423DD8B-2DB4-4234-A873-FE901A76A4C3.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 5

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk

Not those, they're GP. If the blocks you have aren't working I wonder if the saddle itself isn't giving you enough stability, from the seat shape and the support under the flaps. Bigger is almost always a compensation for something else that's off, and that night just be padding actually under the knee (is there a gap?) or could be more fundamental.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Not those, they're GP. If the blocks you have aren't working I wonder if the saddle itself isn't giving you enough stability, from the seat shape and the support under the flaps. Bigger is almost always a compensation for something else that's off, and that night just be padding actually under the knee (is there a gap?) or could be more fundamental.

knee blocks are as in photo and feel like there’s a hard edge against my leg and not in right place. I’ve turned them round and put them so stick outside flap a bit. I think that’s better (trying on saddle horse).

Does been GP blocks matter? I just want to be able to get out of saddle cantering and galloping.