Knight's place farm, Kent - any experiences...?

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
An experiences of it anyone?
Going to look at it on saturday for DIY livery and have heard mixed reviews. Have heard there are always lots of kids around and they do a lot of the riding school leg work, but not bothered about that, have been at similar yards before. Prefur a riding school environment with lots of kids than a bitchy livery yard... I speak from experience!
Me and friend can't stand current fields any longer, fields are awful with little grazing and draining, one field has no shelter whatsoever, its half an hour away and we can't get anywhere near in the snow as it is in the middle of nowhere up a steep hill. But with 6 between us it's hard to find anywhere.
Any opinions would be well appreciated!
Thanks!

Beckie65

Visit site
Its ok, if you like a busy yard all the time, then you may like it, there is limited grazing there at the minute and the last time i went up there with a friend alot of horses were stabled as there wasn't enough grazing. I went up just before the snow so about 2 months ago. The facilitys are ok indoor and outdoor school, but its mostly took up with lessons.

Tinypony

Visit site
I thought Cobham Woods were the other side of the A2/M2 to the river Medway? Opposite Cobham Manor school.
I think I've been to this place, and if it's where I think it is then agree with Beckie65.

MegaFellow

New User
Visit site
Knights Place is a livery yard and riding school. It has fantastic hacking and no need to do road work if you not keen or your 4 legged companion. Plenty of people to go hacking with and learn the routes through the woods... It is true the kids love the yard and they all work very hard mucking out and learning about horses -all under supervision - and just being able to be kids in the outdoors. The fields are being rested for two weeks as i am sure like most fields with all the snow turned slush the horses turned the fields up but the horses are stretching their legs in the indoor school.
It is a very relaxed yard and like a big family.....

Tinypony

Visit site
It is the place I'm thinking of then. I'd never take my horse to a place that restricted turnout, which to me means they don't have enough land, but a lot of horses aren't bothered by that. Mine, when stabled, needs at least 6 hours a day in a field with friends 365 days of the year.
Welcome to the forum Megafellow. :)

Last edited:

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
Yeah, it's something I will have to ask them as I would not be happy him being in for 2 weeks, and more to the point Fella wouldn't stay in the stable that long, he would be walking through the stable door and not looking back! What on earth are they doing with the grass liveries then? (I saw they offer it on their website, was going to ask them about it tomorrwo) I was looking for the option of 24/7turnout ideally, but it is so hard to find and when you do, 99.9% of the time the grazing is so poor that it can't really sustain it.

MegaFellow

New User
Visit site
Maiko, that sounds worse than what it was. Two people did not get along but that was awhile ago and you cant hold the yard responsible for peoples manners and for interest the trouble maker was asked to leave.....
I will pass on your comment about the website - Tinypony - i presume thats what you meant by "my website"...
I am sure tasteofchaos will make up her own mind on her needs after visiting the yard.

Tinypony

Visit site
Yes, that is what I meant by your website. I think a lot of people would be put off by the spelling and grammatical errors, but maybe that's just me.
I agree with you, the yard can't be responsible for the manners of liveries and visitors. It would be different if the YO came to blows with someone!

Maiko

Visit site
Maiko, that sounds worse than what it was. Two people did not get along but that was awhile ago and you cant hold the yard responsible for peoples manners and for interest the trouble maker was asked to leave.....
I will pass on your comment about the website - Tinypony - i presume thats what you meant by "my website"...
I am sure tasteofchaos will make up her own mind on her needs after visiting the yard.

I agree with you, the yard cannot be held responsible for the behaviour of liveries. Unfortunately, reports of proper fighting between liveries doesn't reflect well on the yard purely by association. I've never been to Knights Place, but I will be honest and say that reports like that would not encourage me if I were looking for a livery space.

Glad for the other liveries that the protagonist was asked to leave, particularly if there are a lot of children at the yard.