Knutsford

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Are you looking for somewhere to live, or a livery stables? If somewhere to live, we'll need your budget and requirements, there are some exceptionally expensive communities in that radius of Knutsford.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
We are thinking of buying there but it's for a property business so it's for investment more than anything, so there is no budget limit really but it would possibly be rented so would need to be profitable in that sense, I have stayed in Knutsford a few times so I know it's not a cheap area I just don't know where the horse areas are, so I wanted to get a feel for what was going to work and what wont. We have other properties all over Manchester and it was just another area to look into.

ycbm

Visit site
Well the whole area is horsey but the hacking is pretty sparse. There are hunt meets and equestrian properties all around that radius of Knutsford. In particular Mobberley, Alderley Edge , Ollerton, Chelford, Ashley, all horsey but properties are well spread out in a lot of areas so no real horse community as such. Friend has a two and a half bed small barn conversion with a big garden, stables, arena but no grazing, outskirts of Alderley, which is valued at around 1.2 million, if that helps.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I'm just outside Northwich and it's great. My yard has a farm ride but there's good off road hacking from Marbury Park. There's a good selection of livery yards, good farriers, vets and other services. Hope Valley saddlery is just 30mins away and the new Naylors store is about the same distance.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Thank you every one I did see some in Moberly that looked ok, I will have a look at all the rest and I didn't realise hope valley saddlery was so near I buy loads from them on line, we just thought we would buy a house that we may actually like to live in eventually as we like the area, it won't be for quite some time though due to our business.

Asha

Visit site
Thank you every one I did see some in Moberly that looked ok, I will have a look at all the rest and I didn't realise hope valley saddlery was so near I buy loads from them on line, we just thought we would buy a house that we may actually like to live in eventually as we like the area, it won't be for quite some time though due to our business.
You will like it even more when you realise that hope valley saddlery is actually in Somerford park ,best xc course around !

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Thank you both for the suggestions we have a long list of places to visit just currently checking out the area, we stayed in The Mere and Cottons hotels when we were there before any recommendations for any other nice hotels?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
New 'boutique hotel in the old Courthouse building right in the centre of Knutsford. You could spend a night in the cells :D

https://thecourthousecheshire.com/

That looks really nice and not seen or heard of that before, the restaurant looks really lovely, when I have googled hotels in that area before that has never come up, we have been going to knutsford since 2015 as they used to have the Arabian horse awards ball at The Mere, we just really like the area from those visits.

Reactions: F&B

ycbm

Visit site
It's new. Until recently it was operating as a County Court. I've sat there as a magistrate many times in the past. I don't know if they've kept the court rooms, they were very impressive, all pomp and mahogany paneling, and Rumpole of the Bailey :)

Ruftysdad

Visit site
It's new. Until recently it was operating as a County Court. I've sat there as a magistrate many times in the past. I don't know if they've kept the court rooms, they were very impressive, all pomp and mahogany paneling, and Rumpole of the Bailey :)
Hi ycbm. I too was a magistrate at Macclesfield. I wonder if we knew each other?