Kompeet/Equitop Myolplast/Cavalor Muscle Force - which one???

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
There are afew at my yard on Equitop and I am not that impressed especially given the price. Owner seems to rave about it though. One of the horses is in the same work as mine and I would say mine looks better with no supplements at all. Vet seems to like it too though he does sell it!

millitiger

Visit site
I tried the equitop myoplast and there was absolutely no difference in building up the muscle.

Not heard of the other two, sorry.

hmccord

Visit site
used a cavalor muscle one before think it's probably the same as you have mentioned above, no improvement or change in shape of the horse that was noticeable.

JackJill

Visit site
Yes it was me. I think it depends on the horse but everything I have used it on looked improved after two weeks.

JessandCharlie

Visit site
I know it's not one you've mentioned, but I noticed a massive change when feeding Equine America's More Muscle :) it's a hell of a lot cheaper, too :)

J&C

Daytona

Visit site
I'm just away to try my under developed rising 5 year old on equitop myoplast so I can let you know in four weeks if he looks any better. He is 17hh and quite gangly and really needs to fill out lots. He got his first dose today.

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
I used the Cavalor Muscle Build / Muscle Force last year on Rauti who had lost a lot of condition after being off for some weeks (mix of field-related injury and my holiday). I put him on it when we started 'working' again and the difference was extremely noticeable, especially considering that I was very much in "holiday mode" and we weren't really working, just playing around and hacking a lot :D Very soon he was back to this:

DSC_0712.jpg

And I do put it down entirely to the Cavalor supplement, not to the training, because as I said there was little training ;)

However not sure the price and length indicated in your first post is correct, OP -- the 2kg box costs £96 (from CountrySmiths) and will last 6 weeks, not 20 days :)

I did do a week's course of Cavalor HepatoLiq (as recommended on the website) at the start.

I love Cavalor products, when we were in Italy that's what we were feeding and I was absolutely delighted with them. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Tempi

Visit site
I can't comment on the supplements you've listed as I've not used them. However, ive been wanting to build muscle and stamina with Bloss so recently (about a month ago) she was put on to linseed and red bag grass nuts and the difference is very noticeable (in with her normal feed). I had her saddle reflocked 3 weeks ago and saddler was out again on Saturday and saddle now doesnt fit and its got to have a wider tree put in it.

Linseed is amazing for condition, i feed it to Jupi aswell and he looks super on it. You can buy massive 20kg sacks for £40 which last around 6-8 months.

I know Bloss is being treated for ulcers, so obviously she will be looking better because of that too, but i know the linseed and nuts had a factor in it as well.

Tinks81

Visit site
I used the Cavalor Muscle Build / Muscle Force last year on Rauti who had lost a lot of condition after being off for some weeks (mix of field-related injury and my holiday). I put him on it when we started 'working' again and the difference was extremely noticeable, especially considering that I was very much in "holiday mode" and we weren't really working, just playing around and hacking a lot :D Very soon he was back to this:

DSC_0712.jpg

And I do put it down entirely to the Cavalor supplement, not to the training, because as I said there was little training ;)

However not sure the price and length indicated in your first post is correct, OP -- the 2kg box costs £96 (from CountrySmiths) and will last 6 weeks, not 20 days :)

I did do a week's course of Cavalor HepatoLiq (as recommended on the website) at the start.

I love Cavalor products, when we were in Italy that's what we were feeding and I was absolutely delighted with them. Hope this helps!

oh ok did i calculate wrong then ???

hmmmm interesting maybe i will give it a go then as this is they one the physio told me to try x

Tinks81

Visit site
I can't comment on the supplements you've listed as I've not used them. However, ive been wanting to build muscle and stamina with Bloss so recently (about a month ago) she was put on to linseed and red bag grass nuts and the difference is very noticeable (in with her normal feed). I had her saddle reflocked 3 weeks ago and saddler was out again on Saturday and saddle now doesnt fit and its got to have a wider tree put in it.

Linseed is amazing for condition, i feed it to Jupi aswell and he looks super on it. You can buy massive 20kg sacks for £40 which last around 6-8 months.

I know Bloss is being treated for ulcers, so obviously she will be looking better because of that too, but i know the linseed and nuts had a factor in it as well.

oh brilliant will be putting her on those this week then !!

What are Red bag grass nuts though??? xx

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Ah ok that makes sense. I have to say that although the website I ordered it from mentioned 'sachets', the box was actually just loose powder. Not that it makes a difference of course, it's still the same product.

Tinks81

Visit site
Ah ok that makes sense. I have to say that although the website I ordered it from mentioned 'sachets', the box was actually just loose powder. Not that it makes a difference of course, it's still the same product.

woops !!

Thanks i have just ordered !!

I will take pics of her this weekend then in 5/6 weeks and post for everyone else x

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
also do you put half in morning feed and half at night or all in one feed and if so which one??

He got it three times a day as he eats three times a day (1 measure is 15 grams so it made sense!), I think twice is fine, I think that twice is better than once all together.

Looking forward to seeing the results :D