Kong toys

Shavings

Visit site
So daisy is on day 3 of crate rest to allow her shoulder to heal

We have kong dog toys in our house

We are trying to keep her busy

So what do you guys fill you kong toys will for your 4 pawed pals?

So far I have peanut butter
Yogurt
Honey
Dog biscuits (place in kong wet to make them soft then freeze)

Also the vet said freeze a carrot and give it as a good chew toy

Any other kong fillers or things you guys would give a 4 month old collie on crate rest that is safe for her to be left alone with!

Sandstone1

Visit site
You are probably already aware but some brands of peanut butter have a additive thats dangerous to dogs.
you could try low fat cheese spread, you can get kong stuffing paste.
a small smear of marmite.

deb_l222

Visit site
Tinned chappie.

Good luck with the crate rest. My daft thing has been on crate rest for 4 weeks now and we're both going insane. Best thing I bought was a food ball and I measure out her food allowance every morning but then put it in the food ball (in the crate). She's loved chasing it around and it's kept her mildly entertained for a while.

The nylabone thing was also a hit - she lurves to chew.

some show

Visit site
Mashed up banana, if she likes it, or a little bit of fish paste is good. Those lickimat things with frozen yoghurt, peanut butter etc are good for another option, but not sure if they're safe to be left alone with them - probably not if she's a chewer!

yhanni

Visit site
Pate or cream cheese - either can be frozen if you are organised enough which I never was! I suppose having 2 or even 3 Kongs would be ideal. 2 in the freezer, one with the dog!

Littlefloof

Visit site
+1 for frozen Forthglade; that, stuffed into hollow bones, was all my floofy bitch would eat during the hottest parts of this summer.

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Do you feed kibble? You can make mealtime last longer by soaking the kibble, stuffing in the kong then freezing. I usually pout in stuff like mashed bananas, blueberries, & chopped ham.