KoolCoat Combo

Bugly

Visit site
Has anyone got any feeback on the Weatherbeeta KoolCoat Combo? I need a new fly rug for my mare: she is bay and thin skinned, and has sarcoids so needs covering up from the flies.

At the moment she's in a Premier Equine Bug Buster but the fit is not good on her and she's getting very hot in it. I went to the saddlery last night and looked at all the fly rugs: I'm reluctant to buy another polyester one for her- the Kool Coat looked really nice but as it is more of a summer sheet than a fly rug I was hoping some of you guys might have had one/used one.

Most importantly does your horse get hot in it or as it claims 'stay Kool'!?

vhf

Visit site
Did a post about this a few days ago - no idea how to post a link though.
Yes, pleased with mine, has stayed far cooler in it these last hot days than she would without. Also stayed fairly dry in a downpour (important feature for me!!)
Not a true fly rug though. Her belly is covered in an upsidedown tellytubby land, and it's NOT close-fitting, so no good for "itchy" horses.

lucemoose

Visit site
love them- less 'plasticy' than those icky fly flys and they really do work! Mine stay cool under them and considering they originate from Oz am happy turning out in our paltry english summer in them haha.
Would rather they be 100% cotton though

Bugly

Visit site
Oh groovy: I think its just what i'm looking for. I just hate those Polyester fly rugs. I have an old style Rambo which I love for my old guy as the wind blows through the holes.

I always think 'would I want to wear Polyester when its hot'? urmmmm No!

cyearsley

Visit site
They do a couple of these the Kool Coat and then the Weatherbeeta Airflow? I have the Kool Coat which is cheaper and am very impressed, I too was skeptical and whilst I think at extremely high temperatures, horses will get hot no matter what, it was in the low to mid twenties the other day and my boy was fine. Ingatestone sell them for a reasonable price.