Kramer Equestrian

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I am so glad mum managed to get my body warmer from there beginning of Dec. It was a Christmas present and it's brilliant.

I love Kramer stuff and was looking forward to their sales.

Ossy2

Visit site
They are open again for uk delivery but finding a lot of the stuff I’d eyed up in the catalogue is out of stock ?

Ossy2

Visit site
Just been online and Kramer have stopped shipping to the UK again. Not had any notifications on faceache as to why but assuming it’s due to Brexit. I thought this had all been sorted out but obviously not.

They are still having trouble with paperwork due to brexit apparently, people, including me, that ordered when they reopened to uk delivery early January still haven’t had goods received so I believe they were a bit premature in reopening to uk delivery. They have a huge backlog of uk orders sat around with Ups that aren’t going anywhere. I won’t be ordering again from them any time soon.

Redders

Visit site
Yes, I ordered when they reopened UK ordering in Jan, and my parcel keeps being delayed by a week at a time. Latest date I’ve been given for delivery is Friday, but I’m not holding my breath

WelshHoarder

Visit site
The updates explain a lot. I ordered some winter boots when mine gave up the ghost along with some other bits (might have got all excited about them shipping to the UK again). Package left Kramer on 13/01, with an original delivery date of 19/01. It then sat in Frankfurt with UPS until 27/01 when it finally got export clearance. Delivery was rescheduled for today but nothing has arrived, although the latest update is that it has cleared customs, so I’m living in hope it may still appear at some point over the next few days. I really hope so, the fields are far too muddy for trainers!

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
The updates explain a lot. I ordered some winter boots when mine gave up the ghost along with some other bits (might have got all excited about them shipping to the UK again). Package left Kramer on 13/01, with an original delivery date of 19/01. It then sat in Frankfurt with UPS until 27/01 when it finally got export clearance. Delivery was rescheduled for today but nothing has arrived, although the latest update is that it has cleared customs, so I’m living in hope it may still appear at some point over the next few days. I really hope so, the fields are far too muddy for trainers!
If it is on it's way it may still arrive.
I ordered something from Switzerland at the beginning of January, it took considerable time after customs clearance for it to arrive. I was also given a delivery date by the delivery company which came and went. It arrived last week.

WelshHoarder

Visit site
I ordered something from Switzerland at the beginning of January, it took considerable time after customs clearance for it to arrive. I was also given a delivery date by the delivery company which came and went. It arrived last week.
Hopefully yes, the tracking seems to suggest that it’s cleared customs into the UK now, so hopefully will appear at some point soon. Although rather amusingly I had an email for Kramer this morning, asking me to review my purchases...

Irishcob6

Visit site
Just been online and Kramer have stopped shipping to the UK again. Not had any notifications on faceache as to why but assuming it’s due to Brexit. I thought this had all been sorted out but obviously not.

Bugger I ordered a new bridle Monday - Guess I can give up hope of that arriving anytime soon!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
That might be different with Switzerland not being in the EU

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
That might be different with Switzerland not being in the EU
That is true, however, I ordered the exact same thing (a gift) a month earlier and it arrived within a few days with no mention of customs etc.
I liked it so much I ordered another one for myself and that was the one which took ages to arrive.
I might just all just be a strange coincidence.
I am sure the late package will eventually arrive especially as the company asked for it to be rated

PurBee

Visit site
The reality of brexit is finally happening. A lot of uk websites and physical goods stores source products from the EU Mainly, then china and usa.
They’re now having to pay extra import for these goods, which means hiking up their prices, re-doing their websites to reflect this change and to also add import chanrges to EU countries they sell to, it’s a nightmare!
The above combined with covid restrictions is creating a really chaotic situation.

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Just to give people a bit of hope for those who are waiting on orders, I just received mine that I ordered on 13th January.
Fingers crossed then - my delivery got updated to tomorrow and then again to Monday, but at least the tracking is now showing it’s definitely in the UK

PurBee

Visit site
Actually it appears that at least DPD and DHL are resuming. I just looked today as I am contemplating shipping a saddle UK to EU. So perhaps things will move now...slowly.

The customs stuff might be more difficult. I am buying an item made in the UK sent from the UK, so it isn't so bad. The value less than £150, I think, can matter too.

The saddle you are shipping to the EU - just check the value on import tax the recipient will be charged, if the saddle is over a certain amount. The import tax for eu customers applies to ‘personal goods/secondhand’ bought from the uk. Apparently even if marked ‘gift’ - its the value of the item that matters to the import/export charges.

Your buyer - if not prepared for import tax, can refuse to accept the additional charges when it arrives at their postal depot, and the saddle then is up to you to pay to ship back to you. So it could end up you paying postage twice and not having sold the saddle...so thought id just warn you to double check that before you end up in the situation a lot of sellers are in.

Courier firms have loads of stock in storage of buyers who refuse the charges, and is isnt worth the sellers while to pay return postage either! So much stock is in limbo.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
The saddle you are shipping to the EU - just check the value on import tax the recipient will be charged, if the saddle is over a certain amount. The import tax for eu customers applies to ‘personal goods/secondhand’ bought from the uk. Apparently even if marked ‘gift’ - its the value of the item that matters to the import/export charges.

Your buyer - if not prepared for import tax, can refuse to accept the additional charges when it arrives at their postal depot, and the saddle then is up to you to pay to ship back to you. So it could end up you paying postage twice and not having sold the saddle...so thought id just warn you to double check that before you end up in the situation a lot of sellers are in.

Courier firms have loads of stock in storage of buyers who refuse the charges, and is isnt worth the sellers while to pay return postage either! So much stock is in limbo.
This!! I wouldn't ship at the moment. Wait until things settle down (if they do) then you should be able to check for charges more easily.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
When I used to buy cycling stuff from New Zealand the UK import tax was added at source and the company then paid it on the customers behalf. It worked really smoothly and nothing ever got held up. I know it adds to the cost of the item but why the EU can’t adopt the same approach is baffling. Countries outside the EU have been doing it for years and it makes you wonder whether they are being difficult on purpose.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site

I know, I've done the research ? the saddle was shipped (arranged by me) from the UK to me in the EU and is now in my tack room ? it wasn't so bad!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
This!! I wouldn't ship at the moment. Wait until things settle down (if they do) then you should be able to check for charges more easily.

Honestly, the info was easy to find. There aren't any "hidden charges" or anything. So I went ahead with it (see previous post) and everything is fine.

black and brown

Visit site
Hopefully someone may be able to help with a question about import tax. If I order a Thinline pad from Thinline Europe I believe it will be dispatched from Belgium. Do I therefore have to pay import tax and is this payable upon delivery of the parcel?I have emailed the company but I think my question has got a bit lost in translation!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Hopefully someone may be able to help with a question about import tax. If I order a Thinline pad from Thinline Europe I believe it will be dispatched from Belgium. Do I therefore have to pay import tax and is this payable upon delivery of the parcel?I have emailed the company but I think my question has got a bit lost in translation!

It's important to understand the difference between import tariffs (duty) and VAT.

You will probably be charged VAT on the import, but you won't have been charged VAT at the sale (unlike in the past). If your purchase is below a certain threshold, or is on goods that don't have an import tariff, you won't be charged any duty.

But the carrier might pay the VAT on your behalf, then come around with an invoice for the VAT plus "fees"... I've had this a couple of times on goods I've bought from Japan; typically the 20% VAT plus a flat rate €15 in processing fees.