Lack of enthusiasm!!!

Bluesparks

Visit site
I'm looking for motivation! I brought my horses in last weekend after a lovely summer out in the field next to my house I rehabilitated my big TB who had a kissing spine op and got my other halfs horse going doing dressage etc and was brill, more recently my other halfs horse has blown a splint the size of a small county and my horse had to have exploratiory sinus surgery after a series of nosebleeds, he should be ok now apart from a check up in January but I've now not ridden him again for ages after sitting on him a few times post op, the one with the splint is taking ages and without bute isn't sound in trot, I'm ringing the vets re him again tomorrow in case there's anything additional going on apart from the splint. I have my physio coming out to my kissing spine horse and she'll tell me off for not riding him but I'm worried about his back/muscle as he's had another 4/6 weeks off!! I need some sort of a plan to motivate me and this awful weather doesn't help any suggestions apart from stop winging?!!!!
I have no facilities not even a useable field at the moment so no school to do anything in sadly

flirtygerty

Visit site
Wait till spring, your enthusiasm will return, my lot get hay put out, or brought into the barn over winter, depending on the weather, I do most jobs at weekends when I have daylight, the rest of the time they get checked by torchlight and seem happy as larry, do what you need to do and don't beat yourself up about what you can't do

Bluesparks

Visit site
Yes you're probably right the ks horse needs more work but it's been a long time and it's like starting all over again for the second time which is hard to get my head around again! I know that his physio will kick my backside tomorrow and maybe give me some ideas to help she's always said I don't need an arena or expensive training aids...

Bluesparks

Visit site
I do feel guilty! I think of warm summer days when I rode them both and can't imagine that now! With work and mucking out and being a farmers other half winter doesn't leave me with much time!!