Lack of Motivation?

IWTO

Visit site
Over the past month or so i have completely lacked any motivation to ride or even see my horse
frown.gif

I have had a hard two months, my boyfriend left me in alot of money problems, i was almost homeless, had to sell my car and had two end of year assignments and exams for uni.

Its all over now (uni) and im slowly rebuilding my life as a single person (although still broke no matter how much money i earn!) I have paid for riding lessons with my instructor up until 6th june as it was a gift from my dad and ive cancelled the last two purely because i just lack any motivation.

frown.gif
Whats wrong with me
frown.gif

saddlesore

Visit site
Nothing! You've hard a really hard time of it by the sound of things and you have gone into 'self preservation' mode. I would allow yourself a bit of time to readjust to everything and you'll feel a bit more like your old self soon enough. Provided someone else is looking after your horse then he'll be fine for a few days. I recommend curling up with a box set of 24
smile.gif
Big ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) and hope you feel better soon.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I went through the same thing with C - as you know BBB. It's like I have said to you before, you need to push yourself to do a little every day, go up groom, go up lunge, go up bath him.

I have to be honest and say if you start cutting him out now, while your new life is forming, you may find you fill 'his' time with other things and he becomes a sideline.

Watch this: Story 1
I split up with my Oh of 6 years. Am now living in a flat with no CH, no cooker, no washing machine, no telly, no bath/shower

OR
Story 2
Recently split with my OH, enjoying finding out who I really am now, looking forward to a great summer holiday with my best friend. Enjoying meeting new people and having loads of time to spend with my horse.

See the difference? Positive spin.

Hugs hun x

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
are you genuinely without those basics? if so, have you tried Freecycle? sign up, it's ace.

and i agree with the above post... be careful about filling up horse time with other things, as you'll kick yourself.

good luck, big hugs, and stay positive. positivity is the greatest gift in bad times. xxx

IWTO

Visit site
smile.gif

Thankyou all, i have just gone up and had a lesson today and it went really well.. he is so much more chilled after his time off and seemed so much happier so perhaps it worked for us both in some weird way to have some time apart.

My YO was looking after him and so was my mum, i was popping up every few days to chuck him a carrot and check him over but that was it.

Im going to make myself start to go up every day and ride a few times a week to get back into the swing of things.

I agree with filling 'his' time with other things as i think subconsiously i was already doing it.

Loves you Kitster
wink.gif

muffinino

Visit site
Agreed, Kitty Kat, little by little. Once you start pushing yourself to doing it, you'll wonder how you ever did without it.

I can meet up with you for a hack up the mountain next weekend if you need a hacking partner
smile.gif

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Ditto the others, a little bit each day, even if you have to force yourself.

I do it when there is anything I don't want to do, such as clearing the box room; giving daughter a lesson when it would be easier and quicker to let her alone even if she is having an off day and it's all going to pot; writing up the websites (blah); and even worse, cold calling - eycuck
frown.gif

Sooooo, have taken to ten minutes on the box room, alright, it's taken almost a week, but 'tis almost done; thought of what the end result would be, so gave it a go; website is harder, but I'm working on it
wink.gif
cool.gif

Allow yourself some time to not be perfect
smile.gif

Hugs and hot choccy.